Monday, February 4, 2019

My goals for 2019: Update #5

So, I said that I was going to be accountable to my goals this year instead of having them sit on my blog post not to be seen until January of next year. I have decided to do weekly updates, that way I can keep these in the back of my brain and keep them fresh. I think that Sundays are a good day to do an update as then I can refresh for the week ahead and make sure that I am living each day in a way that I consistent with my goals for the year. 

This is going up late, as I try to post on Sunday afternoons. However due to craziness, it was not possible this week. But better late than never right? So, without further ado, here are my goals for 2019 updates for week #5::

1. Blog at least 2-3 times a week.
Yep! I blogged last Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday... so completed for this week! :) 

2. Read 26 books.
I didn't read anything last week. I have pulled Rushing Waters by Danielle Steel off of my bookshelf to read next. I feel the need for a fiction read! :) 

So that puts me at 2 books read out of 26 for the year!  

3. Read to the boys before bed.
Didn't happen at all this past week.   

4. Try 12 new recipes at least. 
Nothing new this week. So for the year I am at 2 out of 12.  

5. Take a walk at least 2 times a week in the winter and at least 3 times in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. 
This was a fail again this week.  Too cold, too icy,... 

6. Take a couple of hours of "me" time each week in some way... whether this is getting away from the house by myself or taking a nap.
I took a nap on Sunday afternoon/evening and missed the beginning of the Super Bowl. This was after I messed around in the kitchen making brownies and pumpkin muffins. So I still call this a win. :)   
  

7. Declutter each room of the house and donate things that don't belong in the trash and throw away trash. 
I did not do any decluttering this week due to the craziness. However, I went into the "closet of doom" and grabbed 3 bags that I decluttered from the kids' room but hadn't taken to Goodwill yet and took them there when I went looking for a costume dress for Rebecca. 

     

8. Take 2 overnight trips with the kids and Bill. 
Just in the thinking stages on this one.  

9. Have a date night with Bill at least 2 times a month and have one of those a quarter being a date night OUT of the house. 
Nothing this past week. However overall January was a win with 2 dates (1 out/ 1 in). 

10. Get a tattoo. 
I have been thinking about this and am pretty sure that I would like to do a simple shark design. Now to start looking at Pinterest for inspiration. 

11. Lose weight. 
Nothing this week. 

So that was this past week. I did okay. I hope I can get back on track with decluttering this week and maybe getting back to a sense of getting things done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment