Monday, June 10, 2019

Weekend Update and a rainy Monday

Sitting here on a rainy Monday I thought I would do a quick recap of our weekend. This is the weekend where we had to try to keep Jacob busy as he has not had any ADHD medication since Monday due to stupid a** insurance. (Not going into that now...). 

Anyhow, Friday night the boys and I stayed home as Jacob was not behaving at all. We stayed home and watched "Wizard of Oz" while Rebecca and Bill went to our town's "First Friday" celebration in order to take part in their singing for the play "The Wizard of Oz" that they are in. 

Copied from their Facebook page

Saturday morning found me doing laundry, Jacob playing and Ben watching "The Wizard of Oz" again! Rebecca and Bill had play practice in the morning. 

After lunch, we headed out to the book warehouse in our town and spent some time there. I love that place--- fill a Kroger bag full of books for $5? Yes please. AND every time we go the kids get to pick out a free book! After the book warehouse, we stopped by a local farmer's market to get some first of the season tomatoes, zucchini, and green beans. We also ended up getting some Georgia peaches (as the peach crops around here got ruined due to the wet cold winter that we had). Then it was off to the Children's Garden.








The kids had fun playing hide and seek in the garden and of course sitting in the giant chair. 

Sunday, we went to church (where Jacob could NOT sit still at all, and was talking the whole time) and then to Kroger for a few groceries. After lunch, we headed to the library to return books and sign up for their Summer reading program. Then we decided to head out to Ariel Foundation park to run around. 




I made up a game on the spot in their forest area. I had the kids race to see who could touch 15 trees first. This really tired them out, even Jacob! 








After getting home, the kids got baths. I made dinner including a corn casserole that the kids LOVED. I also made some zucchini bread for breakfasts for this week. 



Overall, it was a busy weekend but good. 

Now here we are to Monday. It hasn't been that bad, considering it is raining. I have heard from the nephrologist's office that Benjamin's blood work and urine labs came back as expected. There has been slight improvement which is what we wanted to see. Also I just heard from Jacob's pediatrician that insurance denied the medicine approval because it wasn't on their list of preferred drugs. They are going to give us a prescription for another drug that insurance wants us to try first. Seriously, when does the insurance companies get to decide which medications are best for the patient? So frustrating, but hopefully this new medicine will work. I have to go pick up the prescription this afternoon and go get it filled so that hopefully he will have it for tomorrow morning. 



We also started Summer school work with both Jacob and Benjamin today. I am having them do a couple pages in workbooks and read a book each day. Just because it is Summer, learning doesn't stop. 

Right now, I am typing this up, waiting for the laundry to be done so I can switch out loads and waiting for A to show up for babysitting. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday! 

2 comments:

  1. What a great weekend!
    I love getting all the fresh veggies this time of year.
    We also make breads and muffins for breakfasts and snacks through the week.
    I am so sorry about the stupid insurance.
    I hope his new medicine works for him.
    We also do school during the summer...a few pages here and there really help my daughter keep up to date!
    Have a nice evening with your beautiful family. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your creativity with the game. I used to have some summer learning goals for my kids, though paced through the summer It does help the lag that going back in September often feels like after a summer of only fun.

    ReplyDelete