Thursday, June 6, 2019

End of the school year and other stuff going on


Before I get into today's post, I have to send a shout-out to my sister! Today is her 23rd birthday! Considering the health scare she gave us back in February, I am EXTREMELY grateful that she gets to celebrate another birthday! Happy Birthday Mary! We love you so much! 

Ok, now back to what we are up to....While we have been constantly on the phone with the doctor/insurance for Benjamin, we have also been busy with end of the school year business and a visit from the Florida Grandparents and Hubby's birthday. 

First up was Bill's birthday. His parents came into town for the weekend to celebrate with him. We celebrated with dinner at Fiesta where they surprised Bill by singing Happy birthday! 



Then on Saturday (his actual birthday) we went to a cookout out at the horse farm (which we left early due to storms) and then came home for cake and presents. I made Bill a homemade chocolate and peanut butter cake and OH MY WORD was it good! I think he had a good birthday. 





Sunday, we were going to go to the campground that my in-laws were staying at but it was supposed to storm (it never did) so we ended up taking our chances and going out to Honey Run Waterfall. The kids had a blast playing in the creek at the bottom of the falls and I think my in-laws had a good time as well.





Monday morning, the kids took part in our town's Memorial Day parade. Ben did great walking. The boys started out carrying the flags for their Trail Life troop but quickly got tired. 









Monday afternoon, we all went to my parents' house for a cookout. The weather was perfect. Then it was time to say goodbye to my in-laws as they headed back to Florida. 

Tuesday evening we attended an academic awards night for Rebecca. She was honored with having been on honor roll all year long.




The kids are now officially on Summer break. I celebrated by going out to an impromptu dinner with a friend who was having a bad time at work. All I can say is that I love the Margarita's at Fiesta Mexicana. 



Back to the kids and Summer break. I now have a 7th, 4th and 2nd grader! We are still trying to get into a routine with what our summer is going to look like. I am trying to have some fun though with the kids... like when I decided to spray them down with the hose after cleaning out the van. They had a blast. 





I am also trying to get them to keep their rooms clean. They are supposed to be doing that as I speak, but I am suddenly hearing things like don't push, stop and that's not mine so I had better end this and go officiate. Hope everyone is having a good day! 



4 comments:

  1. So nice to see you back here updating!
    Have a wonderful summer with your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billi Jo! I have missed blogging. Hopefully can get back into it more regularly.

      Delete
  2. So ready for summer vacation here (tomorrow, for us). Just caught up & read about Ben's health scare. Sending good thoughts to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hope you get to enjoy your summer with your kids and not having to really worry about work. :)

      Delete