Thursday, June 20, 2019

Creativity from the kids and getting a small job done

Happy Thursday! What's been going on this week? Well... let's see. I have been taking the boys to their camps each morning. Ben is loving learning about weather-- so far they have talked about how rain forms, snowstorms, thunderstorms, and today they talked about tornadoes and earthquakes. They even made a tornado out of 2 pop bottles and liquid, where you twirl it around and as the water goes from one side to the other it forms a tornado on top. Pretty cool experiment. 



Jacob has been learning about different things you can do with stuff in the kitchen. Yesterday they made ice cream and painted with it. Today they made lemonade and works on mixtures and solutions. 



Rebecca in the meantime has been busy this week. She has had "Wizard of Oz" practice each night. Yesterday she had her physical and shots that were needed for 7th grade. According to Ohio law students entering 7th grade have to have a D-tap vaccine and a vaccine against meningitis. I also approved her to have her Hepatitis A vaccine as there have been recent outbreaks and I feel you can't be too safe when it comes to stuff like that. 



After her doctor's appointment I took her out for a treat of Dairy Queen since she had to get 3 shots. 

She also has been busy creating. She has developed an interest in redesigning clothing items and says she may want to become a fashion designer when she grows up. She took this plain white t-shirt and went to a library summer reading program activity where they were painting shirts with acrylics. She only got it started there as she had to go to play practice. She finished it this morning and personalized it to her liking. 



I have been trying to get into a routine but not really. Just staying on top of laundry (or at least trying to but not really succeeding as evidence by the laundry behind Ben's tornado bottle. LOL) and trying to stay dry. It is not raining right now so I feel glad about that. We got so much rain overnight that several roads are closed due to flooding. 



I did get a small job accomplished yesterday. Bill got the window air conditioners out of our closet of doom (which I need to clean again) but ran out of time to install them upstairs. I installed them so last night we were able to sleep comfortably. This is the latest we have installed them and really yesterday was the first time it was HOT and humid. It is supposed to be hot all next week and humid so it was time. 

So that is what is going on here. I should go clean up the kitchen from lunch and fold the laundry that is on the couch. Hope everyone is having a good day! 

4 comments:

  1. Sleeping at night in hot and humid weather is the worst. I usually don't mind either, but a tonight, need it almost cold, but I'll settle for just not unbearable. I'm glad the kids are liking their camps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can handle heat, it is the humidity that gets to me. I will say that I love sleeping in a cold bedroom, my dear hubby not so much. LOL

      Delete
  2. Sounds like your summer is off to a good start!
    The Dairy Queen after the shots was awesome!
    Have a cozy weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured she deserved at treat since she had to get shots. LOL :)

      Delete