Saturday, May 15, 2021

Another Health Update

https://www.antarcticajournal.com/cartoon-the-modern-medical-team/
https://www.antarcticajournal.com/cartoon-the-modern-medical-team/

Hello out there to anyone still reading this blog. Sorry for the long absence again. These health issues have been kicking my behind. 

Last time I wrote I was in pain and waiting to follow up with my primary care doctor. Well, I saw her and she and my cardiologist talked and my cardiologist is saying that my chest pain and shoulder pain is not heart related based on the testing they did while I was in the ER. So she said that she was just guessing and really wasn't sure what was causing my issues. She did lower my lisinopril dosage to 10 mg a day as I was concerned that my blood pressures were running very low for me (like in the 90s over 60s where as before I was in the hospital it was running in the 140s over 70s). Then she said she wanted me to have an ultrasound of my gallbladder, a throat scope and a CT scan of my chest as maybe there was something going on with my digestive tract. My response was ???. After doing some research on my own, I decided to go through with the ultrasound but I will not be having the scope done as my symptoms do not match ANY that would show a digestive tract issue. I do not have issues when I eat or after I eat. 

I had the gallbladder, pancreas, liver and kidney ultrasound done this past Wednesday. From what I gather from the results that were posted on my online health record, they didn't really find anything except a couple of cysts on my kidney on the right side. That made my decision not to have the scope done seem like the right one. I also received word that day that insurance was denying the CT scan because it was requested to be done without dye. They said in their letter that they would approve it if the request was remade but with dye. I don't know. Seems stupid to me. 

On Thursday, I also started cardio rehabilitation. This was prescribed from my cardiologist and insurance approved it. Basically I will be going to do 3 cardio workouts and taking an educational class each week at the hospital where they can monitor my blood pressure and heart rate. This will last for 3 months. On Thursday, I had orientation to get a baseline. I was only able to do 6 minutes on the treadmill before they stopped it due to my heart rate. I will admit that I was very frustrated given that I used to walk 3-5 miles several times a week with no issue. I had my first real session on Friday and it kicked my behind. They had me doing 4- 6 minute sessions on different cardio equipment. I was exhausted most of the rest of the day. 

So in a nutshell, I am still having some issues. My shoulder is feeling better and the chest pain is much better (but that could be due to my meds). I am able to do a few things...only 10-15 minutes or so at a time but that is an improvement over where I was last time. I will continue my cardio rehab and trying to eat better and we shall see what continues. I see my cardiologist in 2 weeks and then my PCP in the middle of June. 

So there is my health update. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts. I will be back tomorrow or Monday with an update on non-health stuff that has been going on. :) Hope everyone is having a good Saturday! 

8 comments:

  1. Have the endoscope done! Please! Well, at least they are working on finding the problem. It was not that long ago that you were walking so much. This is confusing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very confusing. Thankfully the last couple of days I have felt better. Still not 100% but better.

      Delete
  2. I'll keep sending you positive thoughts for both answers and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for improved health for you! Hopefully, they find some answers and you start feeling more like yourself very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In addition to general education classes in anatomy and physiology, there are career training programs offered in herbal consulting, certified natural health practitioner, sports nutrition consulting, natural health educator, massage therapist, and holistic practitioner, among others. pizza for diabetics

    ReplyDelete
  5. All along the evolution of the human race, in one age or another, the human race has encountered health issues. hardees menu for diabetics

    ReplyDelete