Thursday, May 20, 2021

I went for a walk times 2!

 Happy Thursday evening everyone! Hope you all are having a good day. I have been exhausted today because it has been hot in our house and I didn't sleep very well last night. It has been in the high 80s and we don't have our air conditioners in the upstairs so it was hot upstairs even with the fans on. Oh well. It is what it is. 

The weather has been beautiful this week. One of the my goals this week was to go walk 2 times. Tuesday morning I did not have cardio rehab so Bill and I headed out to Ariel-Foundation Park to walk and I ended up walking 30 minutes and about 3/4 of a mile. It was around the smallest lake in the park. It was kind of frustrating as I used to be able to walk 1 mile in 20 minutes and could go 3-5 miles at a time. But like Bill said I am progressing as a few weeks ago I couldn't go from our couch to the sink without being exhausted and dizzy. 



One really cool thing that happened on our walk was that we saw several turtles, 2 snakes AND a young beaver. I have never seen a beaver in the wild before so that was really neat. It was on the shore when we first saw it then it went back into the lake and we were too far away to get a photo.



 

Then yesterday I had cardio rehab in the morning and they had me doing 8 minutes on 4 different cardio machines. I definitely worked up a sweat. Later yesterday morning I met up with my sister and her girlfriend at Ariel to met their new puppy and to take a short walk. Her new puppy is a chocolate lab and her name is Mango. She is adorable. They are hoping to get her trained to become a medical alert dog for my sister. 



Honestly I think that I overdid it yesterday as I was exhausted. Today I continue to be tired. However, I went to the grocery store and was able to walk through the entire store without getting too tired. So progress is being made :) 

Now I need to get ready for bed so that I can get up early tomorrow morning for another morning of cardio rehab!  Hope everyone is having a good night! 

12 comments:

  1. I am glad you are able to walk as much as you are walking. You will progress to your old level of activity. I am glad Bill is encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. Bill has really stepped it up. :)

      Delete
  2. I imagine your stamina will come back slowly- just take it easy while you can. Kids will be home soon for summer vacation right? Do you suppose any of this is due to covid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying even though it goes against my nature ;) Yes kids are on Summer break as of this Friday and like last summer I will also have my niece and nephew! I am planning on doing another health update after my cardiology appointment on Wednesday, but yes I am pretty sure when I look at the whole picture that this is related to when I had COVID in December.

      Delete
  3. The meds are helping, yes? I believe like Jan covid is playing a part in this. I don't think the medical community know even half of what that virus can do. Don't overdo it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the meds are helping. I haven't had any chest pain in a couple of days. I am going to bring up COVID with my cardiologist on Wednesday. Once I was able to look at the timeline and place everything together I do believe that it is related to having COVID in December and that it was a perfect storm of weakened heart muscles due to COVID, the statins aggravated it, and stress put me over the top.

      Delete
  4. Good to hear your getting a bit stronger. Good wishes as you progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to get out and walk! Hopefully, you'll get a little stronger each day and be back to your old level of activity soon. Your sister's new puppy is very cute. Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a busy but good weekend! Yes Mango is a very cute pup!

      Delete
  6. Hi! I have read all of your latest posts and replied like I usually do, but have been having some glitch with my phone. Some comments have posted and some have gone into the great beyond. Instead of going back to each blog and reposting my original comments (Like I could even remember what I said), I am taking the lazy way out and copying and pasting this to everyone.Be assured my responses have been their normal type. Choose one
    (a). sincere (b). pithy (c). vapid (d). sarcastic (e) encouraging (f) boring as usual.
    From now on I will comment only using the laptop. It is kinder to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! And your comments are always welcome and I find them to always be sincere and encouraging! :)

      Delete