Monday, May 24, 2021

S'mores by the campfire, van trouble, and a head cold

 Happy Monday evening everyone! Hope you all are having a wonderful day. Here it is HOT, HOT, HOT! It has been hot the last few days. So much so that Bill put in our window air conditioners upstairs so that we could actually sleep. LOL That is a good thing as we have been busy.

Friday night I took the kids out to my parent's house for a campfire and a sleepover. My sister and her girlfriend were in town, my brother and his fiance were there as well. My dad originally said to bring my tent over, but I didn't want to dig it out of the garage so he said just come sleepover in the living room. So that is what we did...we got to enjoy the evening outside and we got to sleep in the a/c! LOL 

The kids had a blast making s'mores and playing with their cousins.








My dad even brought out his telescope and they were able to see the moon and craters. That was neat. 



One bad thing about the night though was my van started acting up as I was heading to my parent's house. Bill came over after he got off of work and I had him drive it home so that he could see what was going on and could drive it to the shop in the morning before he headed into work. We are hoping it is an easy fix. 

Sunday my throat started hurting and today I am draining. I think Jacob gave me his cold that he has had. Oh well, it is what it is. I will deal. 

Today I had cardio rehab and they have me up to 10 minutes on the 4 machines. I am exhausted at the end but it is okay. It just means I am on the road to recovery. While I was waiting on Bill to come pick me up (as he had our one vehicle right now to take the boys to school) I went to the bathroom and the artwork on the wall just caught my eye. (The building that I have cardio rehab in at the hospital is a new building that just opened right before the pandemic hit. It is open and airy and they use a lot of floral and blues in the decorations.)


What's going on in your world? Anyone else have a head cold? Anything fun going on? Anyone else find decorations that they like in bathrooms and take photos of it? LOL

  

13 comments:

  1. Hope you get over your head cold soon. Being outside for fun at night and then, sleeping in the a/c is my kind of sleepover! Pretty artwork. Don't know that I've ever taken photos of bathroom artwork but I did take a picture of ceiling art in a Dairy Queen once when we were on vacation. Glad you are getting stronger with your rehab. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. Last year I rediscovered that while I like some aspects of camping, sleeping outside in the heat is NOT one of them so this was the perfect solution. LOL

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good night with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't take pictures of artwork in bathrooms but I have taken a picture of clever graffiti before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take pictures of graffiti too. Drives my kids nuts. LOL

      Delete
  4. Hello! so happy to see you back feeling better! Well, minus the cold. Yes, we all had a bad cold for a few weeks! It was awful! Your sleepover sounds fun. I love s'mores!!!! We have yet to have a campfire, but it is on the schedule. Did you see the Red, White, and Blue Hershey Bars?? Rest up, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen the Red, White and Blue Hershey Bars. I will have to keep an eye out for them. :)

      Delete
  5. I should have taken a picture of one bathroom--the Honors House at UAB. Every wall had pictures pasted on it, anything, mostly flowers, that any student liked had been stuck on the wall. It was not considered vandalism, just sharing beauty. In the Spring I am plagued with allergies and the beginnings of a cold most of the time. Maybe mothers should wear masks around kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That bathroom sounds cool. I love shared beauty! And yes there are times I think I should wear a mask in the house when the kids are sick...I don't like shared germs. LOL

      Delete
  6. Happy to hear that you're on the road to recovery. Hope your head cold heals fast.

    I love the artwork pic, cause I'm a sucker for anything blue. Sounds like a fun night at your parents house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms Goose... still dealing with the head cold. It is what it is. I love blue and flowers!

      Delete
  7. Management of these processes and pathways is complicated by the need to balance clinical concerns (such as patient safety and medical best practice) with 'business' concerns (availability of resources and finance), and the often uneasy balance that has to be struck between senior clinicians and organisational managers on these issues. papa murphy's pizza for diabetics

    ReplyDelete