Friday, September 3, 2021

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday everyone! THANK GOODNESS IT IS FRIDAY!!! Wow, what a week...Craziness abounds! 

Monday morning I get a text to come train at the High School for my substitute kitchen job. So I worked from 9-1:30. Thankfully it was an easy lunch... Domino's Pizza... but it was intense feeding over 500 kids over 3 lunch periods. Tuesday I also worked at the high school. This time lunch was walking tacos (Doritos with taco meat and cheese added to the Doritos bag). It was insane speed to get the meals out for the kids. After each day I would come home, get a quick bite to eat and then go start school pickup of kids. When I finally got home for the day, I sat down and realized that I was exhausted. Tuesday, I fell asleep on the couch during dinner and was in bed by 8:30. Wednesday, I had breakfast with a friend at a local diner and then ran some errands...including going to Goodwill where I found a pair of capris to wear for work. Yesterday, I worked from 9:30-1:30 at the high school again. This day, I was on my own on one of the lines. We had chicken and cheese quesadillas and chicken sandwiches on a bun with green beans. CRAZINESS!!! 

Today, I am actually unable to work at the schools, as I have my niece and nephew. Their schools decided to close for today so that the kids could have a 4 day weekend, which they said will hopefully help slow the spread of COVID. However, the football game tonight can go on. Assinine decisions being made. Stupidity abounds. Needless to say since I have them, I can't go in to work today. 

Speaking of COVID affecting things, MY kids' school went back to mandatory masks as of yesterday. They had been sending home lots of kids for quarantining etc. however according to the health department if a student is wearing a mask and are contact traced with someone, then they do NOT have to leave school and quarantine. It is what it is.  

Also speaking of COVID, my brother tested positive for it yesterday. He was sent home from college to quarantine at home. He has had a headache, sore throat and fever. The kids and I were around him for a little bit on Sunday so I will keep an eye on us for symptoms. So many businesses in our area are working with half staff or are closed due to employees being out after testing positive. 

I am so thankful it is Friday. I am still dealing with tooth pain. I will finish the penicillin this weekend and we shall see. If it still throbs next week, I will call the dentist back. I am already scheduled to work Tuesday and Wednesday of next week so that is already on my calendar. I need to get some things done around the house this weekend. I need to find some crockpot recipes to make when I am working. Anyone have any good ones to share? 

Well, I need to go make my lunch! Hope everyone is having a good Friday and here's to a long weekend! 

13 comments:

  1. This one is so super easy and even reheats nicely. We serve on tortillas, sort of burrito style. I just shred the chicken/mix with two forks. https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/2750925032/fiesta-chicken-crock-pot/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good! Thanks for the suggestion! :)

      Delete
  2. Crack Chicken! This is great and we have it often during the winter months https://www.callmepmc.com/crock-pot-crack-chicken-recipe/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds yummy! Thanks for the suggestion! :)

      Delete
  3. Hope your brother gets well soon. Crockpot chicken. Just add chicken breasts, diced onions & green peppers & bbq sauce. Season to taste.

    Also, if you buy meatballs. Add that to crockpot with pasta sauce, tomato paste, garlic (I like to add veggies like spinach & mushrooms too) & season to taste. At the end I add my uncooked spaghetti to cook, since the crockpot's already warm. There's your spaghetti & meatballs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are good ideas! Thanks! :)

      Delete
    2. Oops, I meant to say it's crockpot pulled chicken.

      Delete
  4. Hope your brother gets over the virus soon, Rachel.
    And that your tooth pain goes away!
    Tooth pain is awful.
    Happy September, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://www.onehundreddollarsamonth.com/ground-beef-freezer-meal-taco-casserole/

    I use a packet of taco seasoning instead of all the spices. I just cook meat, put all in the crock pot. For the rice, I add it uncooked, whatever makes 2 cups. I add the cheese after I think the rice is cooked. I am making it sound complicated, but you know how to cook. I love this casserole that ends up like thick soup. Maybe you could put sour cream on the helpings on your plate. I might add more than the 8 oz bag of cheese. I use Italian blend, but anything the kids will eat will work...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds really good and easy to make! Thanks! :)

      Delete
    2. Rachel,
      I always use ground pork, but I am sure beef will taste good.

      Delete
    3. Since the rice is uncooked, I use a bit of water and two cans of tomato bits or whatever kind of canned tomato product I have.

      Delete