Friday, September 17, 2021

Work at work, walking, and work to do at home

Happy Friday night! 

All I have to say is THANK GOODNESS IT IS FRIDAY!!! This past week I subbed 3 days at a school where there is a lot of drama going on with an employee and the head cook is caught in the crosshairs and is getting the short end of the stick. It was draining working there when the employee drama was going on. Today it wasn't too bad as it was just the head cook and myself. Enough said about that though... Being a substitute in the cafeterias is going well, I think. The work keeps me busy and really other than the drama, that I am not involved in but get to hear about, it is a pleasant enough job. I will say that I got my first paycheck/direct deposit today and I forgot how much the federal government takes out in taxes. LOL I am already scheduled for 2 days next week. 

What else has been going on? 

Monday I worked. 

Tuesday I worked. 

Wednesday I babysat my niece and nephew as they had a scheduled day off of school. After we took my kids to school, we went out to The Brown Family Environmental Center to walk. I told my niece that I NEEDED to get out side and get some fresh air. Since I was home, I also worked on laundry, and did some cleaning that had been neglected. 








Thursday, I didn't get called in to work so I had a free day. I took everything off of our bed, including the duvet cover and washed everything. Bill also had the day off so we took a nice long walk on the bike path--- we walked 2.83 miles, which is getting close to my average of 3 miles before all my heart issues started. We saw lots of slugs on the path during our walk. We also had a lunch date out at our local Mexican restaurant. 








Today, I worked. Came home and ate a quick lunch before I started pickup of kids. Then I came home and laid down flat on the couch as my back was killing me. Tonight Bill is covering a football game. Rebecca went to a choir tailgate party before her high school's football game and then is at the game with friends. The boys and I stayed home. I made air popped popcorn for them and we watched "Raya and the Last Dragon" which is Benjamin's favorite movie and we have literally seen it 6 times in the past month. LOL 

Tomorrow, I have a to-do list to complete that is a MILE long! I am sure there are more things to add to it as well. For tonight though I am going to relax and catch up on some blog reading! 

How was your week? Anything fun and exciting going on? Any good plans for the weekend? 

6 comments:

  1. It is good you can walk almost as far as before. Standing on concrete floors causes back and other joints problems. Do you have really good shoes to work in? There is nothing happening here or planned for the weekend. We both have doctor's appointments next week. We lead an exciting life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you in the walk. You'll get there. As for work drama, between you and Lorraine, I think I'll avoid the cafeteria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flower photos are lovely. As for me, it was a really, really busy work week, & I'm happy that's over. Have some work to do today, but got up early & I think I'm done with most of it. We have lots of soccer this weekend, so it will be soccer & errands/grocery shopping for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are almost back to your normal walking "mileage" Beautiful photos, sounds like you got a lot done over the course of the week. I was off the entire week (odd) but feel like I got so little accomplished other than getting to the DMV to do the renewal for my husband's vehicle. Oh well, sometimes we just need a break. Looking to be a slow weekend as well (it's okay as it's the last one for a while). Hope you are enjoying your Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are feeling somewhat back to your old self. Hope your weekend is great with some down time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! So nice to visit with you here, my friend. You look fabulous, and are inspiring me to get out and walk! Hope you enjoy your weekend. I smiled thinking about you and your son watching his favorite movie. It reminds me of my Peyton when she was little. She LOVED Monsters. Inc. !!!! We watched it over and over and over!

    ReplyDelete