Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Christmas Tree and Candles and Carols

 Happy Tuesday everyone! I thought I would hop on here for a few minutes and update this here space while I had a free moment. I have to go to work here in about 20 minutes so let's see what I can come up with.... I know I have been kind of lax about being on here, but between work, my health, being tired, and all the craziness that is December I just haven't had time. I read others blogs usually in the morning while I am eating breakfast or while I am waiting in my van to pick up a child from school or an activity, but it is hard to comment on my phone. 

Anyhow... the craziness of December has crept in and we are trying to get into the spirit of Christmas around here. It has been kind of hard this year but we are trying. 

Bill and the kids put our Christmas tree up. I enjoy looking at the ornaments and the decorated tree, but I have always hated actually fluffing the tree out and the decorating part. So this year I decided to sit back and watch and take photos and be the supervisor! LOL I think they did a great job. All of the ornaments on the tree have meaning. One of Rebecca's teachers saw a picture of the tree and commented that we have no bulbs on the tree. Nope. All the ornaments are significant to something going on in our lives or the kids' lives throughout the year. 







I have also been trying to make an effort to incorporate more experiences into our Christmas season this year. Saturday night we attended an event called "Candles and Carols" at a local park. There were over 700 luminaries lit and hot chocolate and cookies provided. You were to stroll along the paths and listen to a couple different groups caroling. Rebecca's high school choirs were asked to sing and it was great. She sang with the women's chorus and it was beautiful. Cold, but beautiful! 







Well, I am going to end this here as I need to get ready to head to work. I am really not looking forward to it but it is what it is. What are you up to today? Have you done any Christmas-y experiences this year? 

8 comments:

  1. We took the kids to dinner, which was a bit of a "special occasion" for us. The restaurant was really festive & decorated, so it was very fun. Teens are a bit grumbly about anything, including dinner out. I wanted to see the lights afterward & drive around a bit, but they preferred to go home & watch a movie. So much teen angst. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL at "teens are a bit grumbly about anything". I get that, Rebecca has entered that phase!

      Delete
  2. I love the significance of your ornaments. I've bought DS a new ornament every year and still hang every single one on the tree. Same with the ones he's made over the years. I love Carols by Candlelight. That's something we've always done in my home country. I lived in the southern hemisphere, so it's summer there now. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first year for the Candles and Carols event. I hope they continue to do it every year.

      Delete
  3. The tree looks like it has lights. The excursion sounds really nice. I just don't want to get out after dark since Tommy's driving in the dark frightens me. And, all the light events are after dark. I understand tiredness and how it impedes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have colored lights on the tree. I understand about driving at night. I don't like driving at night so usually I have Bill drive if possible. I have a stress test scheduled for tomorrow so I am hoping to get some answers.

      Delete
  4. Your tree is beautiful. We do meaningful ornaments as well. My late mil used to always give us all special ornaments each Christmas and I've carried on the tradition with the kids. Last year I put them in their own tubs so that some day, they'll be ready for their own trees. As a family, I don't think we've done a single Christmas-y thing yet though the tree is at least up and the house decorated. Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking about separating the ornaments this year when I put the Christmas stuff away. There is still time to do Christmas-y things as a family. I think I am trying to do some things since we missed out last year since we were all sick the month of December.

      Delete