Friday, February 4, 2022

Snow and Ice and Organizing My Pantry

Happy Friday everyone! This morning we woke up to more snow. It snowed lightly until around noon. We ended up with about 1/2 inch of ice followed by 6+ inches of snow on top of it. Yuck! Thankfully we never lost power. 



Due to the snowstorm, the kids didn't have school again today. Bill also called off work today as he couldn't get out of our road. Our city still has not plowed any of the side roads. It is a mess. A neighbor used his John Deere tractor with a snowplow on the front and plowed a path to our door and the area in front of our vans and our neighbor's car. My brother also came over (even though I told him not to) and shoveled out all around the vans. (He does landscape during the Spring/Summer/Fall, and shovels during the winter as a second job.) 



Bill took the kids out to play and I got into the fun too and became Queen of the snow pile, even though Rebecca and Ben tried to take me down. 






I took the opportunity of the snow day to clean out our pantry area. Things had been shoved on the shelves and I noticed last week that I had some things that had went out of date. Took me a couple of hours but it is now reorganized, and I know what we have. I was also able to get all of Ben's gluten free stuff put together in one place.

Before

After (the box and bag on the floor are food stuff going to my mom's house that we won't eat or use. 

We are enjoying watching the Olympics. Last night we watched the team figure skating and tonight the boys want to watch the Opening Ceremony. Not sure what this weekend will bring. They have already cancelled the boys' basketball games for tomorrow due to the condition of the rural roads around here. We might try to get out of the house to go to my parents to sled, but it will really depend on the condition of the roads tomorrow. For tonight, we will hunker down again and watch some TV and play some computer games. 

What are you up to this weekend? Doing any organizing?  

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the snow pictures with your kids. My organizing does not happen as fast as yours. I am decluttering one piece of paper at a time, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One piece of paper at a time is still decluttering and you should be proud of that. I had to take advantage of that time for organizing or it wouldn't get done.

      Delete
  2. We've been spared the bad weather. I'm hoping for a good walk since we may have thaw today. Of course the usual cleaning but husband has rare Saturday off so we'll do something.

    ReplyDelete