Friday, February 18, 2022

What a couple of weeks!

Happy Friday everyone! I didn't mean to disappear the past two weeks; however, life got in the way and Murphy decided to pay a visit and it has been a long two weeks! Let's do a recap (especially since Rebecca has been bugging me to write on this here blog! LOL) ...



Monday, the 7th, I got called into work at the Learning Center instead of a school that I am applying for a part-time job at. It is fine as it gives me 1 more hour on my day. Work went fine. In fact, I was having a somewhat good day until I went to pick Ben up. I went to turn in the school parking lot and my van didn't want to go. I had had no issues up to this point and I was driving all over town. I had to floor it to go and then it didn't want to get out of first gear. I limped it home (we live less than 1/2 mile from his school), opened up the hood and there was liquid everywhere and I looked under the van and there was a pink liquid dripping onto the snow. A call into AAA for a tow and my van was sent off to the shop. All of this while, I needed to get Jacob ready for his Knox Youth Choir concert that night. Thankfully the tow truck driver arrived promptly, and we were able to head to Jacob's concert. 

He had his fall/winter concert and they sounded amazing. The Mount Vernon Nazarene University is partnering to put on this Knox Youth Choirs which used to be run by the local elementary music teachers. Well, the kids now get taught by a university professor and she is the best. Their concert was amazing! 




Tuesday: I spent time taking Bill to work, taking kids to school, working and picking up kids from school and Bill from work. Lots of time in Bill's van. I got called to work at another school besides the one I am training at. Oh well. While I was there, Bill called and told me that a gasket had blown on the van and when it did it pulled fibers out of the radiator and so we needed a branded new radiator... to the tune of $1100 dollars. Once they fixed that, then they would see if the transmission has gotten messed up. 

Wednesday: Finally got to work at the school I am applying to and was able to formally apply for the position. I hope to find out this week if I get it. I really like the head cook at the school and she seems to reciprocate the feeling. The van was done this day just as I went to pick Bill up for work and thankfully the transmission seems fine. So we picked that van up. 

Thursday and Friday were just full days of running around, basketball practices and getting Ben ready for his Valentine's party at school. He had to make a box this year for his cards, and Rebecca helped him make a Tom Brady box that he was quite proud of! LOL 



Saturday was basketball game day. Both boys did really well again! They only have 2 more weeks of basketball left! 





Sunday, we found out that my niece tested positive for COVID. UGh. Thankfully, she only seems to have a runny nose and is tired. Sunday evening was Super Bowl Sunday and to Bill that is like Christmas. So I made a somewhat simple, but delicious spread of wings,chicken nuggets, homemade queso and chips, veggies and dip, and chips and dip. It was a yummy dinner spread and we all enjoyed watching the game/commercials/halftime show. 



Monday, Valentine's Day, I awoke to roses, chocolate and a card on the table. I ended up working. The kids had choir (Rebecca and Ben are going to join the choir that Jacob is in for their Spring session). When we got home, Bill and I decided to order Mexican food for Valentines and the kids had pasta bake that I had made earlier in the day. It was a very nice Valentine's Day and I am so loved! 




The rest of this week has just been busy, and it seems like I am running all around the place. I worked Tuesday at a different school and then went to the grocery store, then to pick Jacob up, home to put fridge and freezer stuff away, pick Ben up, pick Rebecca up, home to cook dinner, Rebecca to church choir practice, etc. Wednesday, kids to school, to Walmart to get some dairy free items for Ben (we are now doing Gluten Free and Lactose Free for him!), home, work, etc. It has just been tiring. We have been watching the Olympics as a family in the evenings and I admire all of these athletes and their physical capabilities. I cannot watch the figure skating this year because of all of all the politics surrounding it. 

Today, I was woken by the cats fighting and it sounded horrible. Apparently Gronk got caught in the blind cord and by the time I got him unstuck he was hissing and growling and just not happy at all. And he and his brother kept fighting after. Finally got Gronk cornered in our room and noticed that he has a claw stuck in his face and what looks like a hangnail on one of his claws. I am going to wait until Bill gets home to see if we can get it. He has been meowing to get out, but I don't want him and Gus Gus to fight again. The few times I have checked on him, he has finally stopped hissing at me and is rubbing against me and purring. I have his food, water and litter box in our room as well. He has been eating his treats too. 

We have a 4-day weekend this weekend, as the kids are off for teacher workday and Monday there is no school for President's Day. I am hoping to get our taxes done this weekend. Well, I am off to relax a little. It is COLD here today. The weather has been crazy. Wednesday it was 60 degrees, yesterday it rained hard all day long and we had flood warnings, today we woke up to everything covered in ice and it has been snowing off and on. 

How have you been? What is the weather like where you are? Have you done your taxes yet?  Have a great Friday and hopefully it won't be almost 2 weeks before I pop back on here! 

17 comments:

  1. Well, Rachel! I can see why you haven't posted in a couple weeks! You have been busy indeed! Congrats on the choir! He looked so proud! And good luck with the new job. Prayers your way. I love the Valentine box your little ones made! And so glad you had a lovely Valentine's Day. You deserve it! Have a nice long weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're at the hurry, run, run stage of being parents. So tiring but you're acting it. Good luck with the job. It's sweet that Rebecca takes an interest and provides nudges to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you live so close to the school why can't your children walk or even take the bus? You would save some time in your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only my 9 year old goes to that school. I also have to take 2 babysitting kiddos to school. During the fall and spring we do walk to and from school. However it has been near zero degrees real feel and we have had a lot of snow and ice making it dangerous to walk.

      Delete
  4. You have been so busy! It is just what this stage of life is all about!. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need to apologize, your a parent & wife doing what has to be done!
    I've also been slacking at keeping my blog updated... that's on this week's to do list. In my defense, I just returned home from Vaca in Florida, and have been involved with local politics😒 things are going to be interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. That doesn't sound fun. I hope your vacation was fun though. Prayers that things don't get too interesting.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you've been super busy the past couple of weeks! Glad you were able to get your van fixed. Glad you had some Super bowl, choir, basketball, and Valentine Day fun in there. Good luck on your job! Hope it goes well. Have a wonderful new week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three children, their activities, and meals and laundry are just plain hard, no time to relax! I hope you get the job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for your car troubles. Praying that you get the job that you want, it's always great when the environment you work in is pleasant. As a boy mom, that Valentine box was awesome! Keep us posted on the job front. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your article is really addictive. Keep posting. keep sharing the knowledge. I love to read your articles. Thank you for sharing this article with us. This article will make a good reference for me. Thanks a lot. It is appreciated. According to Croatia Airlines ticket cancellation policy You can cancel your travel plans within 24 hours of purchasing and get an entire refund. You can submit cancellation requests through the airline's website, or call our customer care number.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gulf Air's Flight Change Policy allows passengers to modify their travel plans with flexibility. To initiate a change, passengers can contact Gulf Air's customer service or utilize the user-friendly online portal. While specific terms may vary based on ticket type, passengers generally enjoy the convenience of altering their flight dates or times, subject to applicable fees and availability. Gulf Air Flight Change Policy aims to accommodate travelers' evolving needs, ensuring a seamless and convenient experience for all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Breeze Airways, a renowned airline, prioritizes customer satisfaction through its robust refund policy. Under Breeze Airways refund policy, passengers are entitled to a refund for Flight 70 under certain conditions. This policy ensures flexibility and fairness, catering to various circumstances that may arise. Customers can rest assured knowing that Breeze Airways values their needs and strives to provide a seamless experience, including facilitating refunds when necessary, in accordance with its refund policy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. To change your Gulf Air flight date, you need to adhere to Gulf Air's flight change policy. Typically, this involves contacting Gulf Air customer service or visiting their website to make the necessary modifications. Ensure you understand any associated fees or restrictions outlined in Gulf Air flight change policy. Once you've reviewed the guidelines, proceed with adjusting your flight date accordingly through the provided channels for a seamless transition.

    ReplyDelete