Friday, April 14, 2023

I chaperoned a Disney trip--- Day 3: Universal Studios

 Happy Friday everyone! This has been the longest week ever. I don't know what it is, but this week has just dragged on. The weather has been drop-dead gorgeous, work hasn't been horrible, so I don't know what it is. Maybe I am still getting over my Disney trip. LOL Speaking of... let's get to day 3. Our 1st day at Universal Studios. 



Day 3 dawned really early. It was Saturday and we were heading to Universal Studios for the day. If you have never been to Universal, then you should know that there are 2 parks...the original Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. They are connected by a large dining/shopping/outdoor area called City Walk. We had tickets for both parks so that was fun. 



I decided to spend my time Saturday at the original Universal side, as we would again be at Universal the next day for the band, choir and orchestra performances and then the rest of the day at the parks. I am so glad that I did this, because I could really take in the different areas that Universal had. 

I met some favorite characters, including Squidward and Patrick from "Spongebob Squarepants" and Scooby-Doo and Shaggy from the Scooby-Doo franchise. 




I enjoyed walking around the Diagon Alley from the "Harry Potter" series. It was totally immersive. I even had a Butter Beer, which was a goal of mine. It was yummy... cream soda with like a butterscotch whipped topping. 










I enjoyed walking through "The Simpsons" area, as this is a favorite tv show of Bill's. I had a yummy taco lunch at "Bumblebee Man's Taco."






It was fun just walking around taking in all the different sights and sounds. 

We had to meet up with our kids at 5 for a check-in and most of the kids were ready to be done for the day. It was hot, they were still tired. But we carried on until our departure time of 10pm. 

After checking in with my girls, I decided to treat myself to a nice sit-down dinner at The Hard Rock Cafe. It was a lovely treat just for me. 







After dinner, I headed over to the main street area for their Mardi Gras parade. They were doing a Mardi Gras of Flavors festival while we were there (including having food trucks featuring cuisine from around the world.) Each evening they had a Mardi Gras themed parade. Honestly, I think that was my favorite part of the day. It was so much fun seeing the spectacle that was the parade, and getting beads thrown at us (without having to lift our shirts!) 













After the parade, I headed back over to our meeting up point for the evening and enjoyed the lights and sounds of City Walk at night.



 

It was another exhausting day, but a good day, nonetheless. We got back to the hotel for showers and bed, ready to go back for the performances the next morning! 

Have you ever been to Universal Studios? Have you ever had Butterbeer? Have you ever been to a Mardi Gras parade? 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had such a great time. Thanks for sharing your trip with us through your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! Thanks for taking us along.
    We have been to Universal and Islands of Adventure, but I think that I like Disney more. That butterbeer is really tasty. We have tried making it at home with cream soda and butterscotch and whipped topping, and it is close to the original.
    I have never been to a Mardi Gras parade either at Universal or New Orleans, but it sounds like fun, and you got a lot of beads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no, no! All the pictures show how good the day was. It looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It look like you had enjoy a lot i really like your all pictures that you have shared in this article. Thanks for sharing your memories with us. Now it's time to avail Windows Installation Services In Marion County FL for more information
    .

    ReplyDelete