Monday, April 10, 2023

I'm back and Menu Plan Monday

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. 

Today is the last day of the kids and my Spring Break from work and school, although it has been an extremely busy week off.


 

I spent last Thursday through Tuesday chaperoning Rebecca's high school choir, band and orchestra trip to Florida. We travelled Thursday through Friday morning. Spent Friday at Hollywood Studios. Saturday at Universal Studios. They performed at Universal Studios on Sunday and then had the rest of the day in the park to have fun. Then Monday we spent all day at Magic Kingdom and then back on bus for another 20+ bus ride back to Ohio. I will recap the trip in a couple days (I still have a ton of pictures to go through!) It was a great trip, but I was glad to be home with my boys. 

On Friday I took the kids to the zoo for a day out. It was also so much fun. I had friends who were there that said that it was busy, but after being in a sold-out Magic Kingdom with thousands upon thousands of people, the crowds at the zoo seemed small! LOL









This weekend, the kids woke up to find Easter baskets before church and then they sang in the youth choir at our church on Sunday morning for Easter and they sounded so good!






Now it's on to a new week and time to get back into a somewhat regular blogging schedule! Starting with menu planning. We have some really busy weeks coming up and I need to get back to meal planning...

As for what we ate last week... well we all ate lots of different things. Highlights for me for my trip to Florida was: 

Blue Milk from Star Wars


Butterbeer from Harry Potter

Voodoo donut

Street Tacos from Bumblebee Man's Taco (from the Simpsons)

Treated myself to dinner at Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando

Chicken skewer



Dole Whip

This week I want to get back into cooking different things and not the same fast food type dishes that we have been living on over the past week or so. So, this is what I am planning for this week: 

Monday: Breakfast for dinner--- waffles, eggs, bacon, fruit

Tuesday: Huge salad with various toppings

Wednesday: Crockpot cheesy Chicken Ranch tater tot Casserole and green beans

Thursday: Air fryer Chicken and Broccoli and Rice

Friday: Pizza

Saturday: ??

Sunday: ??

There you have it. This is the plan for this week. We shall see if I can stay on plan. I have a Kroger pickup order for this morning and am hoping to get back to shopping once a week. I started using the pickup option and it is allowing me to control some of our grocery spending and it is making impulse purchases be non-existent. And it is saving me time! 

What have you been up to? What are you eating this week?

 

4 comments:

  1. Your trip sounds exhausting, but fun! The food looks great! Can’t wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how willing you are to share your adventures! Hat's off to you--I'd be shattered after that trip! Our spring break was last week. I can't remember the meals beyond Easter Sunday's dinner of an amazing baked ham. Typically, I dislike ham. This year, I bought a more expensive, but smaller, Snake River Farms boneless ham. Interestingly, though it was A LOT more per pound, it cost me out of pocket about the same as buying one of the Hormel Spiral cut hams available, as they were so large. And, usually, with those, I have loads of waste--we barely eat 1/4 at dinner, and the rest lingers in the refrigerator, drying out until I grit my teeth and chuck it. In any case, I actually enjoyed this ham, and we do not have much left over at all. Tonight, I may bake some in the leftover homemade macaroni and cheese. Going forward this week, I think we will have baked salmon, some type of slow cooked chicken breasts, pasta of some sort, and a beef roast on Sunday. Good luck on your week back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Back! What an eventful time! You are the best mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you were able to go along and have such a great time with the kids. And all that food (and drink) looks amazing. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete