Thursday, April 27, 2023

Kids are keeping my busy

Happy Thursday everyone! Hope all is going well. I didn't mean to go MIA, but life has a way of doing that. I still need to do the last posts about my Disney chaperoning trip, but first I thought I'd hop on here and just do a general life update. 

The kids have been keeping me hopping!

The last month has been consumed with track for Jacob. He joined the middle school track team this year and that means daily practices and several meets. He has participated in the throwing events of shot put and discus. He also runs the 100-meter dash. He has improved his shot-put throws from 15 feet 11 inches in his first meet to 23 feet and 1/4 inches in his last meet yesterday. He also improved his discus throw from 43 feet 8 inches in his first meet to his personal record of 52 feet at the meet before last night. I am so proud of him for trying out a new sport and having a blast. He is planning on keeping up with practice over the summer and then participating in track and field again next year. The only bad part of his participating in track is that several of his meets are almost an hour away. He had 2 meets this past week and both were between 50 minutes and an hour away. I will go to everyone that I can, to support him! 





This last month has been consumed with CINDERELLA play practice and performance for Rebecca! She was in her high school musical production of Roger and Hammerstein's Cinderella. She was in the ensemble and was also the understudy to Cinderella and the stepsisters. That involved a lot of daily practices, usually in the evening, and lots of late nights. The performances were last weekend, and the musical was so good. I ended up going to all 3 performances and am so proud of Rebecca and the rest of the cast for a great play! 




Ben has also been keeping me busy. He has had state testing at school and that has caused his anxiety to skyrocket. That means he is clingier and whinier and so I have needed to be available for more cuddles and hugs. We are also entering the last month of school for him, and he is anxious about moving to the Middle School next year. He has had some fun though, as his dad took him and Jacob to WWE Smackdown event in Columbus last week. Once he got over the pyrotechnics and the noise, he had fun.


 

As for me... well, I in between driving kids all over and supporting them, I have also had a few doctor's appointments. I finally had an MRI done on my knee and found out that I have a small tear in my meniscus, cartilage that is pulling away in 2 different places and the start of a stress fracture where my knee meets my tibia. Ugh. My orthopedic wants to do arthroscopic surgery with a recovery of 4-6 weeks. Thankfully, he said that I could wait until the end of May so that I wouldn't miss too much pay for work. I only have 2 sick days and 1 personal day left for this school year. I had a pre-surgery screening last week and am just waiting for them to call and give me a date. They said that they might need to get cardiology clearance due to my myocardial bridge. I am hoping to hear tomorrow or early next week with a date. Hopefully. 

Well, I should wrap this up and go flip laundry or do something else productive. I'm not going to promise that I will be posting every day, but I am going to try to post more often than I have been. Rebecca has been yelling at me to post more! LOL 

I hope everyone has a great rest of today and a good weekend coming up! 


10 comments:

  1. Three kids will keep a woman busy. I know. Maybe Rebecca can flip laundry or something while you type. But, she has lots to do. I had a torn medial meniscus. It was in my right knee, so driving was a challenge. Tip--don't pivot. That will protect the knee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that it is my left knee. Not looking forward to the surgery, but will be glad to hopefully have a more stable knee.

      Delete
  2. Post whenever you have a chance, home, kids, and your health come first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. The blog will be here when I get to it. I do miss blogging daily though.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that you need to have surgery. Hope it goes smoothly & you have an easy recovery! Love that Jacob tried a new sport - both of mine did track in middle school & had so much fun. And, sounds like the play was awesome for Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really enjoyed track this year and has already said he wants to do it again next year.

      Delete
  4. It's that season of life with kids. Endure the crap and enjoy the good stuff while there. I hope you get your surgery soon. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found out Friday my surgery will be May 30. I love "endure the crap and enjoy the good stuff"!

      Delete
  5. Oh, don't get me started on those high stakes tests and the damage they do, not just to kids individually, but the culture of education in general. UGH! I opted my kids out until high school, which required the school to assess them via a portfolio of their work over the school year. Best of luck with your surgery. And thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The state tests are so stupid. Ben has 2 more to take next week (science I believe).

      Delete