Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Thanks for the welcome back thoughts and today

Thank you everyone for the welcome back wishes in the comments from my post the other day. You all know how to make a girl smile. 

This week is kind of weird has I am not working at all. The kids have several appointments this week and so my availability for subbing is weird. Kind of stinks, but gives me some time to hopefully get some things done around the house like decluttering. I am starting to work on boxes and bins and things in cabinets, etc. Yesterday I worked on a huge box of papers that has been sitting in my bedroom for years. I threw out a whole trash bag of trash out of it, and I have about half a box of papers to shred (old tax papers from the early 2000s., medical bills from when Rebecca was born, etc.). 

Today I cleaned out the cedar chest that I have in my bedroom. It has been used to store wrapping paper, both Christmas and other (like birthday), greeting cards, small gifts, etc. I am donating over half of what was in there, including greeting cards that my ex had picked out, etc. 

Before

After

It is a hard process. I will admit. I get lots of memories that come up both good and bad. It is hard and as such I have been feeling more tired this week than normal. I think it is my bodies way of dealing with things. 

Today, thankfully the temperature was kind of cool. We had the remnants of Hurricane Beryl come through with a little bit of wind and some showers. So nice for it not to be 80 degrees in our house. I did some baking this morning, making zucchini bread and brownies. I also continued on my walking streak and walked in the rain/mist with Rebecca tonight after dinner. It has become a habit that I look forward to each day.  



Speaking of Rebecca, she officially applied for her first college yesterday! I feel so old! I am so excited for her to journey through her Senior Year of high school, but I am also not ready for it. 



Now I need to flip laundry and fold clothes. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer and I am thinking about taking the kids out for a walking adventure. We shall see how I feel in the morning. Hope everyone has had a good day! 


2 comments:

  1. Great job on the clean-out. I know it’s been rough going down memory lane. I’ve done a bit of that myself this year and working through old memories/pain IS physically exhausting. We had a cool day from Beryl as well and it was heavenly compared to the awful heat and humidity we’ve had. I was so grateful. How fun that Rebecca will be starting her senior year! My son just finished up his in May and it really went by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in the same place with Nick applying to colleges, and we were just discussing it yesterday. He's gotten a start, but hasn't finished any applications yet. Yay for Rebecca! (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete