Friday, July 12, 2024

Cuyahoga Valley National Park Trip: Day 2

 Happy Friday everyone! If you are reading this in the morning, then I am at the eye doctor. I've been having some squinting issues, etc. Time for a new prescription, probably bifocals. 

Anyways, let's move on. 

Yesterday I started recapping my solo trip to CVNP. Let's see what happened on Day 2. 

Day 2 started early as well. Except it also started with me in pain. Apparently all the hiking on Monday aggravated my plantar fasciitis and I could barely put weight on my left foot. 

I realized that if I wore my sneakers that I could still walk with only a little pain so I decided that slow and steady would be the name of the game for the day. 

I wasn't going to quit and wasn't going to stay at the hotel. I moved on with my day. Eating breakfast and then heading out. My first stop was the Gorge Metro Park where there is a dam. This dam has been the center of controversy and is scheduled to be demolished in the next few years. There is evidence that this dam in covering natural waterfalls in the area. It was still pretty cool to see. 










After I left that area, I headed back into Cuyahoga Valley National Park to hike the Ledges Trail. This turned out to be my favorite hike I did. The area is absolutely breathtaking beautiful and serene. I would recommend this hike to anyone! 













After the Ledges, it was time to go to the last must do on my list. Walking around Kendall Lake. It was super hot and humid and this was a HOT hike that took a lot of my energy. My heel was really hurting by now as well. It was still a pretty hike though.  










After I left Kendall Lake, it was time for a late lunch. I decided to get food and head back to the hotel. I was so hot and sweaty. I ordered a Jimmy Johns Sub which was super yummy! After I ate and showered, I then took a nap! LOL 


After napping, I spent some time resting and reading a book that I had brought. Then I decided to go out and stop in at Hobby Lobby and grab some dinner. 





Once back in the hotel, I changed into my pajamas and spent the rest of the night reading my book. I think I finished around 230 in the morning. LOL

Thus ended my 2nd day and last full day in the area. The next day, I was going to be heading to my sister and sister-in-laws for a quick 24 hour visit. I will tell you about that tomorrow! Until then, hope you are having a great day! 

1 comment:

  1. What a terrific adventure! Glad to see you back posting.

    ReplyDelete