Monday, January 15, 2024

Life and Eats

Happy Cold Monday everyone! Are you staying warm wherever you are? Here it is COLD, although it is a balmy 12 degrees outside! Last night we had wind chills in the negatives. It is crazy how many people in the USA are having colder than normal temperatures. I am not looking forward to getting my next heating bill as our furnace has been working non-stop. I also pulled out one of our space heaters as the furnace in our rental stinks. Oh, well I can only do what I can do, and making the weather change is one thing I can't control. 

Today, is MLK Jr. Day and I have the day off of work. The kids are off from school as well. I have been puttering around, making cookies (from frozen dough I had in the freezer), cinnamon rolls (from a can that was lurking in my fridge) and starting on a new painting project. I have decided to do a "Temperature Painting." It is based on the idea of a temperature blanket, but since I don't crochet or knit, I thought this would be a cool idea. I also had a 12x36 empty canvas hanging around that I wasn't sure what to do with. This will be a fun little project I think. 


This weekend, I spent time doing laundry and resting. I also went to the grocery store yesterday in the negative wind chill. That means that I also meal planned. I am going to be completely honest and say that I didn't do so well with my goals last week about eating salads and exercising each day. It was a LONG week full of extra appointments (including one with a lawyer to discuss my divorce) and crazy work hours. I was feeling overwhelmed and I just didn't have it in me. I am going to not beat myself up though. I am just going to do the best that I can and move on. I did receive my Niagra Falls Conqueror Medal in the mail and hung it up in my bedroom to hopefully help me with my motivation. 



This coming week is promising to be just as busy. I have extra trainings at work, a work event, a home visit for a new student, an online training to complete, Rebecca has driver's ed 3 days. It will be another busy week. I am hoping to get back on track with eating healthier and working out. So let's get back to menu planning.

So with that being said here is what I ate last week:

Sunday: I wasn't that hungry so I just had leftover salad with cheese and ham added. 

Monday we had chicken alfredo pasta and salad. (The pasta was very dry.)

Tuesday, we had bratwurst on buns, mac-n-cheese and salad.

Wednesday: I had to take Rebecca to Urgent Care for an ear issue and we got out late. I gave her a choice between tacos or McDonalds and she chose McDonalds. 

Thursday: the boys were with their dad and Rebecca had driver's ed. I had a doctors appointment and chose to order Subway for Rebecca and I on their app. $9.99 for 2 footlong subs? Yes, please. I used a gift card that my mom gave me for Christmas. I had a tuna sub. 
Friday, was pizza night. Frozen pizza for the win. 

Saturday, I made Mississippi Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, green beans and cut up cucumbers. It was so good on a cold, gray day! 
 

What is the menu plan for the new week? 

SUNDAY: The boys are with their father. Rebecca was with her Aunts. I ordered Chinese Takeout-- sweet and sour chicken, egg rolls, and crab rangoon. 

MONDAY: My sister and sister in law are bring Rebecca home and making pizzas with the kids. ( I am meeting my ex to go over dissolution paperwork.) 

TUESDAY: I work late. Boys are with their dad. It will be your on your own for Rebecca and I. 

WEDNESDAY: Soft ground beef tacos, refried beans, and cucumbers

THURSDAY: Chicken enchiladas and salad

FRIDAY: Mac-n-cheese (or something else. Not sure if kids are with their dad or not)

SATURDAY: ??? This day is up in the air as Rebecca has OMEA Solo and Ensemble Competition. 

What will you eat this week? 

Have a good week everyone! 

6 comments:

  1. Yay for your medals! I know you will get back on track. Sometimes life is just hard and you have to go with the flow. You are doing great. I hope your meeting with the ex went ok. I know that has to be very stressful. It's bitter cold here, too. I made spaghetti and salad last night, but the kid wanted chicken tenders tonight, so I just had a Healthy Choice bowl. The hubby is on the road. Hope you have a great week and stay warm! I absolutely LOVE the temperature painting! That's going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are still eating the bscb, made sausage balls, have lots of vegetables, too. I do not menu plan. I just have a bunch of food and we eat it.
    I love the idea of a temp picture.
    Do the best you can with exercise and eating well. You will make it back to good habit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be too hard on yourself about meals & exercise....Things & you will adjust and get back into life rhythm. Don't let the Ex get under your skin. Your AMAZING! Remember your worth always. Have a Great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flexibility is definitely the key to long-term success with menu planning, I've already changed my plan from yesterday. I absolutely love the idea of the temperature painting (I don't crochet/knit either), what a fun idea! Hope yesterday wasn't too stressful and that you aren't too overly busy today (another cold/snow day around here). Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that idea of the temperature painting also. I have never seen, nor heard of that before. I am enjoying doing mine as well for the first time. We are having cold temperatures also, so the blue colours will be out in force this week on my chart!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog has been a guiding light for me, and your new posts are simply phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete