Monday, September 4, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday: Labor Day Edition (9/4/17)

Happy Monday and Happy Labor Day! Once again I am joining in with the lovely Sandra over at "Diary of a Stay at Home Mom" in her Happy Homemaker Monday meme.

I started this early this morning, but blogger wasn't cooperating. It didn't want to save or upload photos. Now it is close to 5pm and I am just finishing this up before I fix dinner....

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. I had a lovely one. On Saturday, it was rainy and cold here so we just puttered around the house-- did some straightening up and spent some time watching college football on TV. I also started decluttering our bedroom (trying to get back on track of decluttering). Yesterday, we took the kids out to Ariel Foundation Park for some much needed outside time for them and then we just had a low key day spent at home relaxing. Today, Bill actually has the day off (first time ever I think since I have known him) and we took the kids out to Honey Run Waterfall for a hike. It has been a gorgeous day out for the last "unofficial" day of Summer! 

Let's go ahead and get this started:   


THE WEATHER:::
We had the remnants of Hurricane Harvey come through this weekend. We got some rain Saturday afternoon and evening with some cooler than normal temperatures. It is supposed to be back up to 83 today though. Then back to the low 70s, high 60s for the rest of the week. I guess September is here. 

RIGHT NOW I AM:::
Sitting here typing this up. The kids are playing in the dining room with Legos and we are just relaxing after hiking this afternoon. 

ON MY READING PILE:::
Nothing at the moment :-( I really need to get reading some of my review books.


ON MY TV:::

Cleveland Indians baseball
Bringing Up Bates
Everybody Loves Raymond (I rediscovered this last week and man oh man there are SO many similarities to the show and our life!)
Country Music videos 
College football
The NFL starts this week too! 
ON THE MENU FOR THIS WEEK:::
SUNDAY: chicken enchiladas and green beans 
MONDAY: hamburgers and French fries/ or cookout
TUESDAY: hot dogs and baked beans
WEDNESDAY: smoked sausage and potato bake and fruit
THURSDAY: fish sticks, baked potatoes, and green beans
FRIDAY: pizza and fruit
SATURDAY: ??? (Our Saturday plans are up in the air, so I am not sure what we will be having yet.)

ON MY TO-DO LIST FOR THIS WEEK:::
Monday: Labor Day, finish up laundry, take Rebecca shopping for her service project for AHG (she collected $35 to buy coloring books and crayons for kids in need), read some of my book for review, hike at Honey Run
Tuesday: kids to school, walk, possibly go to Aldi since they finally reopened, tutor, Rebecca AHG meeting
Wednesday: kids to school, walk, tutor in afternoon
Thursday: kids to school, walk, tutor in the afternoon, menu plan for next week and make out grocery list
Friday: kids to school, walk, grocery store, tutor in the afternoon
Saturday: possible fall cookout at friends house
Sunday: family walk 
And each day has the daily housework that needs to be done.


LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE:::
It doesn't look too bad. Ben has legos all over the coffee table and Jacob has his sports papers all over the dining room table. Other than that it looks pretty good. 

FROM THE CAMERA:::  Took a walk at the park with the family on Sunday. We came across this little snail. Jacob then proceeded to ask us: "Do snails eat ducks?" I don't think so buddy! 

WHAT I'M WEARING TODAY:::
When I started typing this up I still had my pajamas on, then I put on jean shorts and a pink tanktop and tennis shoes as we went on a hike. Now I have on pajama pants and a grey tanktop after my shower following our hike. 

SIMPLE PLEASURE:::
Watching my kids grow up and try new things on their own. Today Jacob and Benjamin both climbed over the waterfall on our hike all on their own. This was the first time for both of them to need no assistance! 

DEVOTIONAL OR QUOTE:::



So there you have it. A little peek into my life on this Labor Day! Hope everyone has had a great day and let's see what the rest of this week will bring! Now I am off to grill some hamburgers for dinner.....  
 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice holiday. Ours has been super low-key. It is fun to see our kids start to do things on their own although a little scary, too! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked on decluttering our bedroom today. I can move around so much better! I can't wait to watch some Steeler football Sunday!

    Have a great week :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey… that was great stuff.. I really like this subject. Could you tell me more … I would love to explore. Check out the way to fix CMOS Checksum Error On Dell XPS Laptop. Lean how you can fix it at your own or feel free to call our experts on our toll-free numbers or visit our website to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Website experts can provide you with the best assignment help. They provide the best Statistics Assignment Help that covers all aspects. These elements will aid you in the completion of your statistics assignment. Our online experts will help you finish your assignment. They can help you explain statistical theory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. J'ai apprécié la lecture de votre blog. Il est très informatif et suscite un grand intérêt pour les lecteurs. Pour les gens comme nous, vos blogs aident à obtenir des informations et des connaissances idéales. Merci de fournir de tels blogs. N'oubliez pas non plus de consulter cet article sur le traducteur code morse. Le code Morse est une option d'accès fascinante pour les personnes qui utilisent des interrupteurs. Voici comment calculer les performances lors de la frappe avec Morse, pour voir à quel point cela fonctionne habilement pour vous et comment il se compare aux autres méthodes d'accès.

    ReplyDelete