Friday, September 15, 2017

Greek Style Green Beans and Chicken in the Crockpot (new recipe #12 of 2017)

So with my new dieting plan of carb cycling, I have been on the lookout for recipes to try that are both low carb and are something more than grilled meat and veggies, and is something that my family will eat as well. I don't have time to make separate meals for everyone so it has to fit both diet plans. (I am not cutting carbs from the kids' food nor am I making Bill follow my diet plan-- he has his own plan going.)

Anyhow.... I was scrolling through Facebook and came across this yummy looking recipe for Slow Cooker Greek-Style Green Beans and Chicken Thighs. I knew instantly that Bill would love it as he loves Greek food and I thought the kids would eat it as well. It also fit into my low-carb day perfectly! So that is a triple win and so a go to become my 12th new recipe tried in 2017. 



I followed the recipe to a tee, except I used 3 large chicken breasts instead of the thighs. I also only cooked it for 6.5 hours on low instead of 8 as the chicken was done after that time. I served it with a salad on the side. (I am not a fan of dark meat chicken which is the reason for the substitution on my part.) 



Our verdict: Rebecca, Bill and I loved it. Jacob liked the chicken but not the green beans. Ben didn't really care for it, but I think that was because it wasn't chicken in nugget form. LOL 

I will definitely be making this again! 

OTHER NEW RECIPES TRIED IN 2017:
Pork Chop and Scalloped Potato Bake
Tex-Mex Tilapia
Baked Chicken Parmesan
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins 
Pizza Grilled Cheese
Southwestern Style Egg Scramble
Tuna Avocado Salad
Monkey Salad
Mini Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Meatloaves
Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Ranch Tater Tot Casserole
Buckeye Bars

1 comment:

  1. I love crock pot recipes-low carb too boot. I'll be following how you come up with new low carb recipes.

    ReplyDelete