Friday, December 28, 2018

Cookies and Christmas Eve 2018

When I wrote last we had 2 people in our family who were sick with the stomach flu. Well, we ALL ended up with it. Jacob and Ben were the first to get it... then Rebecca called me from school 20 minutes before I was supposed to pick her up on Monday that she had thrown up. That meant that she also missed her Christmas choir concert that night. :( By Tuesday afternoon, Bill and I were both sick. I was sick for about 48 hours. I really didn't feel like myself again until late Friday night. Not good. I basically missed a whole week before Christmas! Eek!

One good thing though was that it happened when it did and we were all healthy for Christmas.

We had a wonderful Christmas.

Our fun started on Sunday. The kids and I made lots and lots of cookies. Sugar cookies and others were made. The kids love decorating cookies for Santa.







Christmas Eve we went out to dinner at our local Fiesta Mexicana Mexican restaurant. It was delicious! And Ben decided that he LOVED refried beans! We then drove around looking at Christmas lights in the surrounding neighborhoods.






When we came home, Santa's elves had left packages under the tree... containing pajamas for everyone!



After reading "The Night Before Christmas," it was off to bed so that Santa could come!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry the stomach flu found you the week before Christmas! Glad to hear all of you were healthy in time for the big day though :) Pretty sure we have that same Christmas wrapping paper by the way, LOL!

    ReplyDelete