Monday, October 21, 2019

Choir concert, weekend update and life

Life is marching on full speed ahead. I blinked and it is October 21! How is that possible? I promise that I think about writing on this here space but then time gets away from me, other things take priority and I am left with maybe once a week posting. It is what it is I guess. 

Anyhow, what has been going on this past week? 

Well, Rebecca had her first choir concert as a 7th grader. They did an awesome job and you can definitely hear the improvement from last year. She was one of 6 in the entire 7th grade choir chosen to do a group solo. (Her choir teacher also singled her out for a one day honor's choir workshop, however she already has a commitment that day for her AHG troop so is unable to do it. I think it is cool though that her teacher thinks that highly of her voice.)





Unfortunately, on Tuesday both Rebecca and I woke up sick. Rebecca had a fever and stayed home from school (apparently a few people from the choir concert were sick on Tuesday including the choir teacher, with similar symptoms). I just felt like I had been run over by a truck. Thankfully, I didn't have any tutoring that day-- just babysitting for a little bit. I did cancel my AHG commitment, which meant only Jacob went to his Trail Life meeting as Ben was being punished for writing ALL over his wall on Sunday night after his bath. I have no idea what possessed him to do that, but we went through 4 magic erasers getting it all off. It looks horrible as it took some of the paint off as well, but at least the pen isn't there. 




He also got in trouble later in the week as we caught him stealing money out of a coffee cup on Bill's dresser and putting it in his own piggy bank. That kid is going to be the death of me. LOL 

The rest of the week was kind of crazy. Wednesday I had my niece and nephew for the day as my mom had to work and I am one of the few people that knows how to check Ethan's blood sugar and give him his insulin. 

Friday, my kiddos didn't have school. We went to the grocery stores and I finally got the last of the apples processed from our apple picking trip a couple of weeks ago. 




Also on Friday, Rebecca had to get ready for her AHG campout. She was going on this one by herself as she is now in the Pioneer/Patriot level and they don't have to have a parent going. She froze on Friday night as there was frost on the ground. She came home Sunday very tired, ready for a hot shower and her own bed. LOL




While Rebecca was camping, Bill, the boys and I walked down the street to a fall festival that a local church was putting on. We got the invitation in the mail on Friday (as it is the same church the kids play Upward basketball through-- and the invite included a reminder to sign up for Upward this year!). The kids had a blast. Everything was free! We got to take a wagon hay ride, play pumpkin baseball, the kids played games, painted pumpkins, went in a bounce house, got treats, and we were able to have a free lunch of hot dog, chips, hot chocolate, cotton candy, popcorn and apple slices and caramel. 











Sunday, was kind of a blah day. We went to 8am Mass as Jacob was singing in the kids' choir. Then I taught PSR-- I found a Rosary Bingo game online that was a huge hit. The rest of Sunday was spent doing laundry, trying to get ready for another busy week, etc. 

I will say this past week the trees are starting to turn and Autumn is showing it's full glory. The sunsets have been spectacular as well. Makes the long days a little more bearable as I appreciate the scenes of nature so much more. 





Now we are back to Monday. I have a long week of babysitting (as in my kiddo that normally is 1:30pm arrival is a 5:30AM arrival this week as her dad is out of town for business). I also have to take a CPR/ First Aid class 2 nights this week and I babysit my niece and nephew on Friday (as they again don't have school) and all day Saturday. Oh and as I was typing this up I just added another tutoring client for this week via Facebook. It is going to make for a long week but I will get through it and hopefully be smiling at the end! Hope everyone has a great week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment