Wednesday, October 23, 2019

New recipe: Vanilla Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake

So it has been a while since I have posted a new recipe that I have tried. Don't get me wrong I am still trying to try new recipes when I can but with the craziness of life I haven't always had a lot of time to do so. Well, this past Sunday was my Grandma Rose's birthday. She would have been 87 years old. She passed away in 2009. I miss her dearly. 



One of the things that I inherited from her was her love of baking and making cakes. She made all of our birthday cakes when I was growing up. Being the oldest grandchild I got my share of them. Back to Sunday... I was craving something cakey. I also had a desire to use my Grandma Rose's bundt pan. So I hopped online to see what recipes where out there that could use a box mix but jazz it up. 


I hit gold with this Vanilla Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake recipe by "The Little Kitchen." Oh my word! It was super easy and I had all the ingredients on hand except for the yellow cake mix. All I had was white cake mix. I went for it anyways and it turned out moist, delicious and super yummy! (I will disclose that I forgot to put the vanilla in the mix and it still turned out super yummy!). 



Perfect dessert for a craving and perfect way to remember my Grandma Rose. Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday! 


7 comments:

  1. Your grandma was a lovely lady, sweet friend.
    And this cake looks delicious!
    Thanks for the recipe. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Your new look here is beautiful.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Billie Jo. My grandma was super special and as my husband said he NEVER saw her not smiling. :)

      Delete
  2. Substitute a devil's food cake mix, put in paper-lined muffin tins, and you have my recipe for Costco copycat double chocolate muffins.
    How is your Pioneer doing?
    Glad you are posting again. I missed you on your hiatus.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have to try the chocolate muffin recipe next. LOL My brother is doing okay. He is in his sophomore year and still loves the school and area. He is on the football team, however he has had 2 concussions this year so he hasn't been able to play the last couple of weeks. He is doing well though as he studies to become a special education teacher.

      Delete
  3. This sound so good! I know what I will be making on my next non-keto day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! Rebecca finished it off last night and it was just as moist as the day I made it. LOL

      Delete