Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Jacob's birthday weekend

Happy Tuesday! I am feeling a little under the weather today so am taking today nice and easy...which gives me time to update this here space of mine. LOL Actually Rebecca is home from school today as she woke up with a headache, sore throat and fever. My stomach is upset and I just feel rather run down and blah. :( Anyhow, enough complaining, let's see what craziness my family has been up to lately. 

Friday was Jacob's birthday. He says thank you for the birthday wishes on my post on Friday. He loves that others who don't even know him will take the time to wish him happy birthday! Friday night Bill had to work so I told him we would celebrate on Saturday night. I still wanted to make it special for him though, so we ordered pizza in (typically I make frozen pizzas). I had gotten a gift certificate to Dominoes good for a Free large 3 topping pizza and an order of brownies from the owner as a thank you for letting him use my garden hose one morning for like 10 minutes (he owns the rental next door apparently). So we let Jacob chose the toppings-- he wanted pepperoni, Italian sausage and bacon. We also got a large thin crust pepperoni that was on special that day for $7.99. So I call that a frugal dinner.



After dinner, Jacob wanted to play outside which we did for almost 2 hours until after it was dark. Then he chose to watch "The Lego Movie" for Friday night movie night. 

On Saturday, Rebecca and I had to volunteer at a Fall Harvest Festival that the non-profit that I am on the board of was hosting. That was a grueling 8 hours on my feet. I was in the concession stand the whole time but thankfully the 2 adults I was working with were hilarious and time flew by as we laughed and talked (and made hot dogs, chicken sandwiches and too many loaded nachos). LOL After we got home, we took Jacob out to his requested place for dinner-- Fiesta Mexicana. We had an enjoyable dinner and they came out and sang to Jacob which he enjoyed. (I had to laugh because Sunday night Bill came into the living room and said we went to Fiesta last night and I just found this $5 off coupon we could have used. I told him I did use one, didn't he know me better than that? LOL) 



When we got home we gave him his birthday gifts of 3 new wrestling figures which he loved. 



Sunday woke up to our first frost. I actually had to scrape my van windows before going to PSR. 




After PSR, we had a mini birthday celebration here at the house. My mom, sister, niece and nephew came over. My brother also showed up. My dad, who had been away for the weekend visiting my other brother at college down at Marietta, came home early and surprised Jacob by showing up. I made vegetarian minestrone in the crockpot and baked up some dinosaur chicken nuggets that I had gotten on clearance at Aldi's and a bag of French fries and that was lunch. 


We also snacked on chocolate lasagna as well (which was Jacob's request rather than a birthday cake.) Jacob then spent a lot of time playing outside.





Overall, I think he had a great birthday weekend celebrating turning 10 years old.  

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday Jacob. My Rachel's birthday is the 13th. October is a great birthday month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. And happy belated birthday to your Rachel. :)

      Delete
  2. Hope everyone is feeling better today, so much going around already. Happy belated birthday to Jacob. Looks like you all had a great weekend celebrating him. And chocolate lasagna sounds like a delicious choice for a dessert. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate lasagna is so good! And it takes a little bit less time to make than decorating a cake. LOL

      Delete