Friday, November 27, 2020

Lacie's Birthday and Thanksgiving 2020

Happy Friday everyone! It has been a busy few days around here. The kids had school on Monday and Tuesday. I just have to share this cute photo from Wednesday. Thankfully, Gus Gus seems to be on the mend and the cats are again loving each other. The spent a couple hours lounging on some boxes that were delivered.




Wednesday night we went out to my parents' house to celebrate my niece's 16th birthday! We celebrated her with ice cream cake and presents. Lacie loved her Scooby Doo shirt and Scooby Doo Christmas dvd that we got her! She kept thanking me for coming out for her birthday. :)  





Yesterday, was Thanksgiving day. I hope those who celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday had a wonderful day. We started out the day by watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. The only complaint I had was that I didn't enjoy the Rockette's performance. It was lackluster and boring in my opinion. While that was on, I also did a little Christmas shopping online taking advantage of Kohl's black Friday sales prices. 

Last night, we did in fact celebrate Thanksgiving yesterday with our family. We decided that we would still have our regular Thanksgiving meal, as we have been around the same people regularly. My mom stated last Thanksgiving that she wasn't cooking anymore for Thanksgiving. So my youngest brother Joshua decided that the kids would cook this year. And honestly it turned out pretty well. I ended up cooking 2 smaller turkeys. I also made vegetarian stuffing, and gravy. Josh heated up rolls. His girlfriend, Bobbi, made deviled eggs, green beans, broccoli-cheese-rice casserole, and 3 different types of pies (pecan, pumpkin and peanut butter!). Mary made rice krispie treats, corn casserole and a tofu-turkey roast. Mary's girlfriend Cecilia made mashed potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce, and sweet potato casserole. It was a ton of food, but so yummy. My niece set the tables for everyone. It was a really nice evening meal. 





Today, Bill is off to get 2 new tires for one of our vans. It is the van he drives for work and the tread on the front tire is almost gone. I hate having the expense but it needs to be done as he drives half an hour each way to work and can't risk a blow out.

Later, I have to take Rebecca to a friend's house for a sleepover. My other plans for today are baking a cake for Rebecca's birthday tomorrow (how is she turning 14?!?), doing laundry and maybe bringing up a few Christmas decorations to put out. We will probably put our tree up on Sunday so our whole family can do it. 

Well, I need to go and get started on the laundry and making the cake. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! 

Did you have a nice Thanksgiving? What is your favorite Thanksgiving food to eat?    

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and that your niece had a great birthday. Didn't realize she and my youngest son were so close in age. Hooray for a cat on the mend! We had a great Thanksgiving though it was different and the first year we cooked the full meal (I enjoyed hosting even if it was just one other family-my sister-in-law). Lots of leftover cranberry sauce so I'm happy. Hope Rebecca has a great birthday tomorrow and you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kitties are so sweet together. Your Thanksgiving meal looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAppy belated Thanksgiving and HAppy Birthday to both birthday girls. What a nice way to celebrate with the younger people all doing the work and letting your mom enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving weekend!
    So glad you had a nice day with your loved ones.
    Madison was a Thanksgiving baby too!
    Her birthday was the 26th.
    She made the best sweet potato casserole this year!

    ReplyDelete