Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Four Things I am Waiting For

Happy Wednesday everyone! Today's post is going to be all about waiting.... What am I waiting for, you might ask. Well, I am waiting for:


.... a part for my washer which broke this past Saturday. I had to order one part as my repair guys' distributor was out. I got it cheaper on Amazon ($65 versus $150). The repair guy ordered another part. Once those are in then he will come out to fix my washer. Ughh. I went to my mom's house yesterday and did 5 loads of laundry to hopefully get us through. UGGHH.



 .... Election Results. Enough said. 


.... Bill's COVID test results! He woke up yesterday with a low grade fever and body aches. He went to Urgent Care and they did the rapid test. That test came back positive for COVID antibodies (meaning he had been exposed in the last 4 months), so they had to do the regular test to see if he actually has COVID. He is under quarantine until they get those results back (hopefully in 2-3 days). The doctor says that the kids and I didn't have to quarantine if we didn't have symptoms. 

.... End to our city wide water boil alert. This is the 2nd one in three weeks. Yesterday as we were coming home, I happened to look down one street and there was water gushing out of the middle of the street. Not good. We had another water main break in town. Ughh. We are on a city wide water boil alert for the foreseeable future. Not looking forward to winter when water breaks are more common. I picked up 3 gallons of water for here and will pick up more each time I go to the store. 

So that's the things that I am waiting for that are forefront in my mind. 

Anyone else waiting for anything? 

6 comments:

  1. It seems if you are living with someone with covid19, you should not expose others to the potential you could be asymptomatic! Isn't that how it works?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The test results were for the antibodies meaning he had been exposed in the last 4-5 months. It is not the actual COVID test. That is what we are waiting for. He has not tested positive yet for COVID. We are following the doctors orders.

      Delete
  2. Hope you get the part soon though it's always nice to save some money! Hope your husbands results come back negative. Right now I'm waiting for it to warm up just a little so I can get outside and enjoy a walk somewhere though I do need to do a grocery store run first. Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My part came in, now waiting on the part that the repairman ordered. Thankfully, Bill's test came back negative today. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. If he was positive for the anti bodies, but tests negative for Covid, likely he might be a good subject matter for public health as they learn how this darn virus works. Maybe he built an immunity? I will be curious how they proceed. Different states have different guidance-which adds to the confusion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully he did test negative, as we got the results today. I have heard of several cases in our community where the rapid test is coming back positive but the longer test is negative. You are right about the confusion. Even within the school systems there is confusion. A friend's daughter had a fever monday and Tuesday. On Tuesday the school told her mom that she couldn't come back until she had a negative COVID test since fever is a symptom. Today the school called to see why she hadn't been in school all week and the secretary seemed confused as to why she had to have a COVID test. Thankfully that girl tested negative today. Craziness.

      Delete