Monday, November 30, 2020

Oh, Christmas Tree AND a mouse

Happy Monday and happy last day of November! Hope everyone had a good weekend. We did. We had a nice day on Saturday celebrating Rebecca's 14th birthday. Yesterday we spent the day decorating the inside of the house for Christmas. We put up our tree and put other decorations out. It was a nice, low-key day. 



We had decorated outside last week. We added lights to the back of the house this year as that is where we park and it would be nice to see them when we come home at night. They make me smile. 





So we are done decorating, except for getting some small ornaments for our tree in our bedroom. I have no idea what happened to the ornaments that we had on their last year. Last year when we packed everything away from the holidays, I purged a ton of stuff and am wondering if I ended up donating the small ornaments.. they weren't anything special, just generic ornaments. I will say that this year it was so nice to just put out those things that were important to us and not have to deal with a ton of extra stuff. 

Today, I got a rude awakening. I heard the cats running around around 4am. I didn't think anything about it as they have toys they play with. Well I got.up at 6 with my alarm and went to go to the bathroom. GusGus was sitting on our bathroom sink looking up and he had a mouse cornered on the door frame! 😡 I got Bill up to get it but it got away and ran into the closet of doom. Bill set a couple of traps and put them in there and then blocked the bottom of the door with blankets. Certainly not the way I wanted to start a rainy/snowy Monday. 

Speaking of Monday, the kids are back in school. It was a pain getting up to that alarm. LOL. While they are at school I might work on cleaning some of our basement or maybe I will watch episodes of The Crown. I don't have my tutoring digital kids this morning as it is opening day for deer gun hunting season and they are hunting. (Most of the other schools in our county are closed today as well, but not my kids' district.) We are supposed to get some winter weather later today and into tomorrow and in fact have a winter weather advisory starting later this afternoon. They are calling for 2-4 inches of snow. Our first real snow of the season. I will believe it when I see it. 

Well, I should get off of here and do something. Bill is off work today so I should make him help me with the basement since he didn't get the mouse! LOL

What are you up to today? Have you decorated for Christmas yet? Have you ever been surprised by a mouse? 


1 comment:

  1. Smart to put th elights where you can enjoy them. I an out of steam, and decided I just wanted the weekend off. I Think I'll haul the tree out tonight and get it set up with lights, and see if my older daughter wants to join tomorrow to decorate and make some food. If it takes all week, I'm OK with that-something to do in th eevenings. I grew up in a far house-so yes, surprised. We live by a field and back up to a park so unfortunately have had mice run ins here as well.

    ReplyDelete