Saturday, November 21, 2020

Catch-up Post

I didn't mean to disappear for 2 weeks. Sorry about that, and thanks to Nan for giving me the push to post a blog post. I have been reading blogs (mostly on my phone which is hard to comment on or blog from) and I keep thinking about writing a post, but honestly I have been busier than normal and just trying to get through each day. I have been battling some depression I think as well. Bill has been having some issues with work again and that hasn't helped my mood either. I have also been trying to stay off social media and the computer and focus on things that I can control, like cleaning out my pantry, organizing, etc.  

Over the last couple weeks the kids have been back in school full time and Rebecca's after school activities have started up again (at least for now). Between that and tutoring I have been pretty busy. I also spent several days at my mom's house doing laundry. Finally, this past Monday my washer part came in and the repairman came to fix it. Only to have my dryer vent come apart Monday night and it took me until Wednesday to get it fixed. (Duct tape for the win!) 

On one of the days I went out to do 2 loads of laundry at my mom's house, we ended up going to Walmart so she could do some shopping. Thankfully she is healing well from her surgery, but I needed to help her lift groceries. While there, she bought me a sloth Christmas blanket that Jacob stole when I got home. LOL 

I also spent time sitting out on her deck and watching my brother's puppy who was digging holes in the yard. LOL 


Speaking of animals, we had a scare this week with Gus Gus the cat. He has been having issues puking off and on for the past 2 weeks. We know that he has a very sensitive stomach and is allergic to beef, salmon and shrimp. Well, Monday morning I heard him throw up and went looking for puke. As I was looking in the bathroom, I happened to look over to the litter box and there was a fair amount of bloody diarrhea in the litter box. Not a good thing. We were able to get him in that morning to a new vet (our regular vet couldn't see him until the next day, wtf?) who diagnosed him with kitty IBS. He had blood work done that ruled out lymphoma. So we have been giving him 2 antibiotics and a steroid since Monday. 

The kids are doing well. We had virtual parent teacher conferences for the boys and they are doing well. We got the kids' report cards and they all got all As! Ben has decided he wants to start cooking with me. He helped me make chili one night for dinner and he loved helping. Another night he helped me put frozen fish sticks on the pan. LOL 



What else have I been doing? I went to Walmart to pick up cat litter and they had an air fryer on sale for $30 so I picked one up to try. I figure it will give me another option for cooking.


 

The weather around here has been crazy. We've had warm days where no coats were needed, cold and snowy days, and everything in between. We have had some very pretty sunrises as well. 




Yesterday I woke up kind of feeling alone. Well, I had several things happen to help. I ended up talking to my mom on the phone for over 2 hours as we were both doing things around the house. I had a friend call me while we were both waiting for our daughters to get out of school. She just called in to say hi and catch up. I got "kidnapped" by a friend who stopped by to pay me for watching her kids in the morning just as Bill got home from work. She took me for margaritas and dinner. Then I get the comment from Nan checking in. All these made me feel better.



Today, I spent a lot of the day laying down trying to get rid of a horrible headache that I woke up with. While I was resting, Bill put up our outside Christmas lights. Thankfully my headache is finally starting to lessen tonight so hopefully it will be completely gone soon. 

Tomorrow, I need to help Ben with a school project that is due on Monday. I also need to have the boys work on their PSR class work. The boys also have their basketball clinic from 1-3. It should be another busy day. I might see about getting a walk in tomorrow if the weather cooperates as I think lack of nature walks may be part of my problem. 

How are you guys feeling? Anyone else dealing with some depression? 

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!  


  

4 comments:

  1. Teach Ben well and someday, he can take over...lol. No, no depression here, at least not from the state of the world or my problems. I just cannot find someone to clean even though I have nibbles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not being able to see my daughter has really made me feel down. Due to Covid, it's too dangerous for her to fly here to visit us. Hubby and I were talking yesterday about Christmas Eve. We always go out to see a movie and then eat out afterwards, but now with Covid, that's out, so I guess we'll be staying home. Work has been tougher because we've been working short one person for 3 weeks and we can't get any subs that are able to come in because most of them are filling in for teachers. I'm exhausted but thankfully I have this week off. I plan to do some decorating to cheer things up. Hubby and I even bought lights to string up across the front porch. I hope you love you air fryer. We use ours all the time. It makes great fries. In fact anything you normally fry, or heat up from frozen you can cook in the air fryer. You just have to experiment with it. I hope Gus will be okay. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, thank you- you made me feel better too! I love your friendly blog and photos- my kids are grown and I like hearing about others. GD who is 6 and moved to Atlanta in August (much closer to me no than SF) is starting Daisy scouts today- a hike! She is so excited and has always been social but due to Covid, no friends in her new neighborhood. I bought her 2 kid cookbooks for Christmas since she likes to bake- girlie ones though (Disney princesses and American Girl). Mom never wanted our help in the kitchen and I'm the oldest of 6 kids! What holiday memories I have- my aunt and her BF coming right at mealtime with a big bottle of Jim Beam LOL and maybe some pickles. Heehee. You do sound busy but a good busy. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to "hear" from you! Not depression but a fair amount of anxiety here. My youngest is really struggling with it. Just have to take one day at a time. Hooray for the kids doing so well in school during these crazy times! They should be super proud of themselves :) Glad your mom is healing well from her surgery and the cat is hopefully on the mend. You'll love the air fryer, it's great for veggies though I confess lately I mainly use it for frozen French fries. Hope you feel better (mentally and physically) and have a wonderful new week! As well as a very Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete