Friday, July 23, 2021

Cleaning while the kids are away and life this week

Happy Friday everyone! Thank goodness it is Friday! It has been a busy week but that is probably because I was determined to get some cleaning projects done before the kids came back from camp. Due to my heart issues I can't these projects all at once. When I am deep cleaning or cleaning in general, I can work about 20-30 minutes at a time before I have to rest or my chest will start working. It is what it is. 

So what have I have been working on this week? 

Well, my first project was to weed our back flower bed, as that is the one we see when we park and come in the house. It took about 25 minutes to do and thankfully I had a semi cool morning to do it. 

BEFORE

AFTER

My other BIG project was to clean Rebecca's room. Her room is a teenager's messy room. She has the smallest room in the house with no closet. She is also an artist and a musician so she has tons of art supplies, musical supplies, yarn and crotchet projects going on, etc. Well I finally finished it yesterday. In total it took me about 4.5 hours total in small sections of 15-30 minutes throughout the week. 

BEFORE

BEFORE

AFTER

AFTER


What else have we been doing?

Well, we have been watching movies with Ben. We watched The Lego Movie, The Lego Movie 2, and The Lego Batman Movie. We went out to dinner to Rooster's restaurant on Tuesday night as Bill and I had a counseling appointment and we had to go pick Ben up at my parent's house which is about 20 minutes from Roosters. It was so good! (Sorry I didn't take any pictures!) Yesterday, Bill took Ben to our local science center as they had reopened a couple weeks ago by appointment. Ben had fun. I think he has had a nice week being an "only" child while Jacob and Rebecca are at camp.


 

Later today Ben and I will go to pick up Jacob and Rebecca from camp. I can't wait to hear all about their adventures and activities. I have been able to see a few photos of them that the camp posted so that makes my mom heart happy, but it will be great to have them home. 

Well I need to go get lunch made for Ben and my nephew as they will be eating in the car. I also need to make sure that the house is generally cleaned up before I have to leave in about 45 minutes or so. I hope you all have a great Friday and a nice weekend! I have a feeling mine will be extra busy!

Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful for her to come home to that pretty and clean room. You are a very nice mother. I want to do the same for my daughter, but will when she leaves for school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you accomplished a lot! Love your year-round metal flowers. I'm planning to do some deep cleaning next week while my youngest is at band camp. I keep joking that I'm going to have basement camp (clean up down here) while he has his band camp. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete