Thursday, July 15, 2021

Science Museum Visit and Life

 Happy Thursday everyone! How is everyone? I am doing okay. Sorry for the absence. After our Akron trip, I did not have a good week. I think I overdid it on our 2 day trip, as I spent most of the following week extremely tired, my blood pressure was weird, etc. I really didn't get a whole lot done other than the minimum. I am doing better health wise, but it was a reminder that I am no where near where I was physically. 

I was finally starting to feel better towards the weekend and I needed to get out of the house. Bill had to work, but the kids and I were free. I was torn between taking the kids to an arboretum that I have been wanting to visit or a museum of some kind. The weather was calling for showers and I wasn't sure how much walking I could really do so, I decided to head to Newark with them to check out The Works, a science museum. I had never been there so didn't know what to expect. Rebecca said she had been there in like 1st or 2nd grade on a field trip. 

What a gem of a surprise. The Works was awesome. They had a planetarium show that was really neat. 



They had a whole floor dedicated to science labs and experiments that the kids could do.








 

We attended a glass blowing demonstration which the kids enjoyed. 





The top floor of the building is a museum of local history including all things science, manufacturing, etc. This includes a mastodon skull and bones that were found nearby. 







They had an art exhibit of tapestries going on, and an outdoor exhibit of habitats that the kids got to explore. 







After we spent several hours at the museum, we headed out to get lunch. We ate at a Wendy's literally right around the corner from The Works. 



Then we headed back home. I decided to make another stop at Velvet Ice Cream Ye Old Mill so the kids could play on the playground, visit the ducks and of course cap our Mom/kids day off with ice cream! 








It truly was a fun day. 

This week, I have done cardio rehab 2 days. It has rained a lot. This was our radar one morning...LOTS of rain! 

 


Ben has been gone to a morning camp at a local university in a Geology class that he is really enjoying. 



The kitties turned 5 years old on Sunday! 




Just another week in paradise. LOL How are things in your life? Anything fun going on?    

2 comments:

  1. the museum look like it would be a great place to go.
    I am glad you are rehabbing, but give yourself all the time that is needed.
    The ice cream makes the bowl of lettuce and cucumbers I am eating right now look so unappealing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerful Herbal treatment is 100% guarantee for HSV cure, the reason why most people are finding it difficult to cure HSV 1 or 2 is because they believe on medical report, drugs and medical treatments which is not helpful to cure HSV and hasn't proved any sign of helping. Natural roots/herbs are the best remedy which can easily eradicate herpes forever. I never believed it until I was helped and cured of my 16 months genital herpes with natural herbal medicines from Dr OGU Patrick. Where other medical prescribed drugs and treatments failed, Natural herbs helped saved me from Genital herpes permanently and i am so grateful for this. You can also get help from this great and powerful herbs can also contact Dr OGU Patrick through via this email: drogugusolutionhome@gmail.com , Text or call him via : +1 719 629 0982

    ReplyDelete