Saturday, December 11, 2021

Ben's Concert, Rockapella, & a Stress Test

Happy Saturday everyone from extremely windy Central Ohio! It is extremely windy here today and we are actually under and wind advisory for the day. It is grey and gloomy and feels like a day to snuggle up and take a nap. But alas, I have things to do after a busy week. I thought I would take a break from doing laundry and hop on here for a while. 

It was a very busy week. On Wednesday, we had Ben's school Christmas program. Ben was looking forward to performing for us. His 4th grade class did a great job and was enthusiastic. They loved playing the drums (Lowes buckets turned upside down.) 





His school did 2 concerts. One at 6:00 for those families whose last names were from A-M, and then one at 6:45 for those families whose last names were from N-Z. They said that they did this so that those families who wanted to social distance could, but quite honestly there wasn't much social distancing going on and it was pretty well attended. After his 1st performance was over, Rebecca and I left as we had a mother-daughter date to go to.


 

We went to see "Rockapella" perform at Knox Memorial Theater here in our town. 



Rockapella is an acapella singing group best known for singing the theme song for "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" They were performing "Christmas with Rockapella." It was a really fun show and they were amazing! Seriously if you have a chance to see them, I would highly recommend. 

Their "drummer" blew me away with his talent. There were absolutely no instruments and their vocals were amazing. The lead singer and the "drummer" vocalist have been with Rockapella for over 25 years. 



It was a really great show and Rebecca enjoyed herself as well! It was also a nice distraction for me as I had to have my stress test on Thursday morning. 


My stress test was tiring. I was at the hospital around 3.5 hours and a lot of it was waiting. When I got checked in they inserted an iv and then shot radioactive dye into it. Then I had to wait around 45 minutes before they could take photos of my heart at rest. Then it was time to do the treadmill part. They almost didn't do it as I had 2 abnormal EKGs beforehand but they decided they could do it. So I was on the treadmill. During the last minute or so of the treadmill, they inserted more dye through the iv and then I had to go back to the waiting room and wait 45 minutes or so before they called me back to take more photos of the heart. Like I said, lots of waiting. I ended up napping for 2 hours in the afternoon as I was exhausted. 

Yesterday afternoon, I heard from my cardiologist office and they said that my stress test came back negative. My cardiologist thinks that my issues are long-term COVID issues still and they just want me to keep doing what I am doing. They do not believe any meds will help with my pain issues. I am so tired of dealing with all of this. I have decided that I will go back to doing what I was doing in the Summer--- basically restarting my cardio rehab program but at home and going to eat less processed food to see if that helps. I will do this through the first part of next year. Then if I am still having issues, I will go back to my Primary Care Doc and ask her opinion and see if she can refer me to get a 2nd opinion from a larger hospital in Columbus. And if I feel like I have to go to the ER, I will have Bill take me to Columbus and not deal with our county hospital. It is so frustrating. I guess I should be glad they didn't find anything on the stress test, but then why am I still feeling like this? 

Today, I am just doing laundry and slowing getting some cleaning done. All of my Christmas shopping is done. I need to start wrapping. It will get done. Bill is feeling a little bad today as he had his COVID booster yesterday. Just laying low is the name of the game today. 

What are you up to this weekend? What's the weather like where you are? Have you ever heard of Rockapella?  

2 comments:

  1. He's such a handsome young man! I'm sorry for the tiring day you had, but good job doing what was needed for good results. I love good Acapella groups. My daughter is in one at college. I received your card. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rockapella group sounds great! So fun to have a Mother/Daughter date, & glad the concert was enjoyable. Here's hoping you make a steady recovery, and glad the test didn't turn up anything.

    ReplyDelete