Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Christmas Concert and leading up to Christmas

Happy Tuesday everyone! So sorry for not checking in last week. It was our last week before Christmas break and it was full of holiday busy-ness. 

Monday the 13th, we attended Rebecca and Jacob's Winter Concert. The high school choirs and the middle school choirs combine for a wonderful winter concert each year. This is the 1st year in the last 4 that we were able to go. The first year, Rebecca got the stomach bug and couldn't attend. 7th grade they cancelled the Christmas program due to COVID. 8th grade (last year) they did a "virtual" Christmas program that they recorded during school. It was so special to be able to attend the concert in the beautiful chapel on the campus of Mount Vernon Nazarene University. 



Jacob and the 6th grade choir did a wonderful job. I did have to laugh as when Jacob went on stage, I noticed that his shirt was untucked and he looked like a pre-teen boy, unlike the tucked in pictures that we took before I dropped him off for warm-ups. 



One of the songs that the 6th grade choir performed was "Bring on the Snow." 
 


Rebecca and the Women's Chorus sounded amazing as well. Rebecca had a small solo in one of the songs and she sounded great. 




Rebecca had a small solo in "Christmastime" and I think they did a great job!





Rebecca and the Women's Chorus was super excited to perform "Mary, Did You Know?" (the Pentatonix arrangement). 


At the end of the concert, they had all 5 choirs on stage for the finale and I can just say we are truly blessed with a great choir director who is new to our district this year and really has a passion for bringing out the best in these kids.





The rest of the week was busy with working 4 days, getting presents wrapped that the kids needed for school, basketball practices, the different spirit days that the kids needed outfits for, Rebecca's hair appointment, etc. It was organized chaos I think. I was truly grateful when Sunday came around and there was NOTHING on my calendar. I saw a friend at PSR on Sunday morning and she said she was glad to see me smiling. I said that was because after I taught my class I didn't have ANYTHING on my calendar for the next 2 weeks! I really need a break. 

After we came home from Church, I did absolutely nothing except cook dinner. I napped, read a book, and just rested. And it felt wonderful! I had a few moments of feeling guilty, but I just reminded myself that I need to rest and I did.  Monday was a little bit of the same, except I did a couple things like take the kids to Walmart to buy their dad something for Christmas and I helped wrapped those gifts. Other than that Monday was also a day of resting, including reading another book.

Today, I have been to the grocery store to get produce, milk and Mountain Dew for Bill. I hope that I don't have to go to another store until after Christmas. I also took the kids to a local candy store to buy gifts for each other. Now the boys are playing on the Wii, Rebecca is crocheting and I am taking a break from reading another book. I am not sure what the rest of today will bring, but I will say that I am trying to focus on resting as much as possible! 

How are you coming with your Christmas plans? Are you ready or still have things to do? 


2 comments:

  1. Still struggling to get it all done. thanks for the Xmas card too! I'll be sending out New Years cards....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a treat! So lovely. I miss my kids concerts from highschool, middle, and elementary. College is beautiful but not as intimate. Things are coming along well enough. I'm sticking to that story.

    ReplyDelete