Tuesday, December 28, 2021

We had a good Christmas

 Happy rainy Tuesday everyone! Our weather is so weird here. It was raining on Christmas Eve and Christmas as well. We actually had to open doors at my parents' house on Christmas as it was warm out...almost 70 degrees. Anyways, I am getting ahead of myself. 

We had a nice Christmas Eve. Bill had to work until 4 and he said it was CRAZY! After he came home, we decided to order take-out Chinese for the adults and get Wendy's for the kids for dinner. We typically eat out for dinner on Christmas Eve, but we just didn't feel like it. After dinner, we drove around for a while looking at Christmas lights in the neighborhoods. Then we came home to find that Mrs. Claus had left a note for the kids to say they were on the nice list and some new pajamas for the family. This year was a "Good Mythical Morning" theme. Then it was time to watch "Elf." That is a tradition we started a few years ago.





After the boys went to bed, I napped in the recliner and Rebecca and Bill were on their various devices while we watched the NORAD Santa tracker. Rebecca and I then changed and went to Midnight Mass at our church. It was a nice church service and we got home around 1AM. After Rebecca went to bed, I filled stockings and headed to bed myself.



The boys let us sleep until around 8:30AM. Then we headed downstairs to find that the cats had gotten into their stockings and were LOVING all over their cat nip filled toys. LOL.




We all opened stockings and then Rebecca and Ben passed out presents. We took turns opening gifts. We opened our gifts from Santa and then we watched the kids take turns opening their gifts. We all received some lovely gifts. 










Then it was time to make veggie pizza to take my parents house. It was super yummy looking. I am glad that I had bought cream cheese a couple weeks ago because none of our stores (IGA, Kroger, Aldi, and Walmart) had any cream cheese in stock for the last 2 weeks. 



We spent the afternoon and evening at my parents house. We had a yummy appetizer based dinner and I ate WAY too much! The kids had fun playing with the dogs, spending time with their cousins and aunts and uncles, and watching the Packers/Browns game! Then it was time for presents and we received some nice gifts again as well. We ended the night with taking family photos in front of the Christmas tree.  














Then it was time to head home, where I crashed into bed and slept soundly as I was exhausted. Happy, but exhausted. 

Sunday, the kids and I went to church and then we came home and vegged. Ben put together one of his Lego sets that he got for Christmas. We watched some football and I made burgers for dinner. Seemed appropriate for almost 60 degree weather. 



Monday, I started the day by grocery shopping for the week. Then it turned into movie day at the house. We watched "Encanto" again as it is now on Disney+. We also watched "Thor: Ragnorak" which is my favorite Marvel movie. I also spent some time reading a new book for a new online book club that I joined. 

Today, it was raining again. I got some laundry done this morning and then took the kids to see "Sing 2" at the theater for bargain Tuesday. It was a cute movie. Tomorrow I am planning on taking down the Christmas decorations as the mess is starting to get to me. 

How was your Christmas? Anyone else getting Christmas put away or am I being a Scrooge?   

5 comments:

  1. You had a nice combination of busy and restful. I hope the rest of the kids vacation is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of an appetizer meal! Those are cute pictures of you all. I intended to get the tree down today, but did not. I just Tuesday night got the Christmas turkey in the oven. It still was not thawed much, but it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT looks like you had the perfect Christmas with your immediate and extended family. I love all the photos and all the smiling faces.
    I am with you! The Christmas decorations are starting to bug me. One tree is down and put away, I am leaving the living room tree up until NYE and then everything Christmas needs to disappear. I like to start the new year with all laundry down and Christmas boxed away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful Christmas celebration! We put most of our Christmas away on 12/26 per usual. My husband was ready for the house to return but I'd have liked to have left it a bit. Nativity is still out until Jan 6 at least. We've had family in town this week and my nephew's been staying so my computer time was a bit limited. However, I wanted to hop on here to comment here and of course, wish you a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear you found a good balance between activity and relaxation. I hope the remainder of the kids' vacation is enjoyable and restful!
    Explore the vast array of options at melasma treatment toronto

    ReplyDelete