Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Spider-Man and Encanto

 Happy Wednesday everyone! How's your Christmas preparations coming along? All done shopping? All done wrapping? Cookies all baked? Food all figured out? Well, here the shopping is done. Some wrapping is done, but no where near done. Cookies haven't been made and I do know what I am taking to my mom's for Christmas appetizer dinner so I guess that is good. So what have I been doing the last 2 days...well, still trying to rest and not do to much. 

That being said, I did take the kids to the movies the past 2 days. Bill, the kids and I went to see that new Spider-Man movie yesterday for bargain Tuesday at our local theatre. You should know that I am not a Spider-Man fan at all. I think he is a whiny, annoying teenage boy. However, we do things for our kids that we don't necessarily want to do and going to see "Spider-Man: No Way Home" was one of those things. Well, I won't give away any spoilers but let's just say that Spider-Man grew up in my eyes and wasn't all that bad in this movie. In fact, I thought the movie was pretty good and I have a new respect for Spider-Man. I won't choose to watch his movies over say, Thor or Iron Man but it was good. It had all the feels. Bill and the kids loved it as well.



Today, Ben asked if we could see "Encanto." So we decided to go. It was a cute Disney movie. I don't think it was as good as say "Moana" but the music was cute and it was a good story. Ben loved it.


 

Right now, I have chicken enchiladas in the oven and am sitting here relaxing. Tomorrow I have plans to finish wrapping (I have wrapped Bill's gifts, Santa's gifts, and the gifts to take to my parents house, but have not wrapped any of the kids' gifts!). I also think we will make and decorate sugar cookies tomorrow as Bill has the day off work. He needs the break as he is working retail and work has been CRAZY! 

Have you been to the movies lately? What's the last movie you saw in the theater? Are you ready for Christmas?  

8 comments:

  1. I saw the new Spider-Man movie as well with my nephew and great niece - I LOVED it. I was worried having not seen the others with this particular Spiderman, but I really enjoyed it!! That is the first movie I have been to since all this Covid garbage started!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first movie too since pre-covid. There were not too many people there last night and we were all spread out. Today there were 2 other family's and us and again all spread out.

      Delete
  2. Youngest saw the new Spider Man on Friday with friends and loved it. I typically dislike going to the movie theater, and avoid it at all costs, with the exception of "Harry Potter." I can't wait for the new installment in "Fantastic Beasts" to come out. I also surprised myself about a year ago by taking youngest to, and actually enjoying "Nobody."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am typically not a movie person, but found I did enjoy these maybe because they forced me not to do anything else since we weren't home.

      Delete
  3. My girls saw Spider Man. Last movie I went to was back in October-the Bond movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a Bond fan but can understand those that are.

      Delete
  4. We're all going to go see Spiderman with extended family next week, I think. Sadly, I think the last movie I saw in a theater was Avengers: Endgame. How long ago was that one? Glad you already got to do some fun things during Christmas break. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well Jean!

      Delete