Monday, March 6, 2023

Fun weekend and Menu Plan for this week

Happy Monday everyone! Here we are at another Monday. We are looking at a beautiful day here with temperatures in the 60s and sunny. I can't wait. Actually, the last 3 days have been nice. Saturday, we had a great day, and it was sunny. We went to a new to us thrift store, stopped and got a load of cheap strawberries, and took a 2.9 mile walk on the Bridge of Dreams path. 








Saturday evening, Bill and I went out to dinner and then met up with my sister and brother and their respective partners for a belated Christmas present. I took them all axe throwing! It was a lot of fun and was a great new experience.




Yesterday, we went to church, and I puttered around the house. I made a loaf of banana-chocolate chip bread and homemade shortcake for strawberry shortcake. It felt so good to just be. I also made out our menu plan for the week. 

After a crazy week and a half, where we were sick and then crazy busy, I have to get back on track to meal planning. Last week, those who wanted to eat, ate a lot of processed foods. We ate out several times and I can just tell that I feel blah. So back to cooking at home and trying to eat healthier, while also dealing with crazy busy schedules.  

What are we eating this week? 

Sunday: Pork and Peppers, Mashed Potatoes, green beans, homemade strawberry shortcake

Monday: Ham and Cheese rollups, corn, cucumbers

Tuesday: Tacos with all the fixings

Wednesday: Chicken and Broccoli stirfry with rice

Thursday: Sloppy Joes, corn, peaches

Friday: ???

Saturday: ???

Friday and Saturday are up in the air, as Rebecca has large group competition for Chorale on Friday night. Jacob is going to my sister's house Friday night and Saturday. So, I am not sure what our plans are going to be.

So there you have it. I am back on track and now just need to follow through. Hopefully I can figure out a rhythm and get into a groove with our crazy schedules for this month. 

How was your weekend? What are you eating this week? 

2 comments:

  1. We had great weather over the weekend as well. Sounds like you had a great one. Glad everyone is feeling better. Must be a week for strawberries! We have a bunch in our fridge as well, strawberry pie is the plan over here. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am so glad to hear you are all feeling better. I know what you mean about getting off track. Same here! Love the photo of you all!

    ReplyDelete