Monday, March 27, 2023

Update

Happy Monday everyone! Just wanted to pop on here to say that I am still here. It is just an incredibly busy time in my life right now and with kids' activities, work, my bum knee, and other stuff going on I am exhausted all of the time and most times don't have time to sit down at the computer to write out a post. I do read most of your blogs daily on my phone, but I HATE typing a post on my phone. So, there is that. 

Let's see what has been going on. As an update to my last post, my dryer is fixed. The heating element went out on it. Thankfully the repairman had the part in his van, and we are back in business with a fixed dryer. 

My van is also fixed. They were going to charge for a whole new exhaust system, but then the manager took a look and really it just needed welded back on. So, it was significantly cheaper to fix than what we were quoted. So, yay for that. 

Onto my knee. It has been 2 weeks since I hurt my knee going up the stairs at church. After seeing the ortho, I haven't heard a word about an MRI. It is frustrating to me. I have been wearing a compression brace during the day as that seems to help somewhat. This past Saturday morning, I got up to use the restroom and when I stood, I felt a pop in my knee and almost all the pain was gone. It is still slightly swollen and is a little sore but nothing like it was. I still can't extend it fully out, but it feels better. I am wondering if I had a bone that was out of place, and it popped back in. I am just keeping on wearing the brace and dealing. I have some things coming up that require a bunch of walking, so I am hoping that it continues to feel better. 

So, there is the update from last time. The kids have been keeping me busy between driving to and from school, track practices, Cinderella play rehearsals, etc. It is a crazy schedule, but I love doing it for my kiddos. 

Well, I need to head out to pick up one kiddo from school. Hope everyone has a wonderful week! 


4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you pop on here and give an update, I remember those busy seasons with my 2 boys. Always fun but also hard to keep up sometimes. Hope your knee continues to improve and that you have a wonderful week ahead. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your knee is feeling better! We are also in an incredibly busy season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Glad to see you here! I remember those days. The kids keep you busy!!! I hope your knee continues to improve, my friend. Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your knee! I hope you recover as soon as possible. Glad to see you're so positive though. It's great that you're getting your strength from your kids. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete