Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Maybe we are all better?


Happy Wednesday and Happy 1st day of March! I think, maybe, fingers crossed, that the stomach bug/flu has finally left our home. It was bad!



It started last Wednesday. I had to leave work almost as soon as I got there as I got a call from Ben's school that he was throwing up and I needed to come and get him. He was sick Wednesday (couldn't keep ANYTHING down, throwing up multiple times, etc.) and Thursday (slept most of the day). Friday he was feeling well enough to be able to go back to school. 



However, Jacob woke up sick on Friday. He was sick Friday (dry heaving and sleeping most of the day), felt a little better on Saturday, woke up throwing up again on Sunday while sleeping most of the day, and still felt bad on Monday so he stayed home. He was able to go back to school yesterday. This morning, he seemed like he was back to 100%. 

Where I slept while the kids were sick and I was sick. 

I woke up Saturday feeling like I had been run over and over by a semi-truck. I felt awful and couldn't stand without getting dizzy. I was sick basically Saturday (where I spent most of the day under three blankets and freezing), Sunday and part of Monday. I stayed home from work on Monday. Monday night I started feeling a little better and went back to work yesterday which left me utterly exhausted. Today I feel better than I did yesterday and almost back to normal. 

So many people that I know have some sort of stomach bug issue going on. Rebecca told me that she read that a lot of people across the country are dealing with stomach bug issues. Ugh. On the bright side, neither Rebecca nor Bill got sick. I think if they were to catch the same bug the boys and I had, they would have gotten it by now.

I feel bad because I had to cancel a lot of things this weekend, including going to see Ben's last Upward basketball game of the season. He had a great season and even got an award for Most Improved Player! It is what it is though. Thankfully, I had the foresight to get laundry caught up and some cleaning done last Wednesday, just in case more people got sick. That meant that I didn't have to worry about those things when I was sick. 

We are also in a very busy season right now. Jacob has joined the 7th grade track team at his school, with practices every day after school. Rebecca is her high school's spring musical and is in their upcoming talent show so she has been busy with rehearsals and such. So, if we are going to be sick, then I guess I am glad we got it out the way, hopefully. 

Well, I just thought I would hop on here to give an update. I will resume Weigh in Wednesday posting next week. Honestly, I haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks and don't want to weigh today given that I was sick and not eating for 2 days. 

How are y'all doing? Is the stomach bug running rampant in your area? Have you been sick lately? 

 

4 comments:

  1. Glad y'all are doing better and yes, norovirus is running through Alabama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strep hit our house last week! There is an amoxicillin shortage where we live, so we couldn't get meds for 2 days. Thankfully, everyone is better now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, I’m so sorry y’all had a bout with the sickness. Like a Rebecca, I’ve heard this is really going around across the country. I’m so glad y’all are doing better, but hate it sidelined y’all. Hoping this week has been better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Glad everyone is better. I think a stomach bug went around my work in late January/early Feb. Right now it seems to strep throat. Hope you all stay healthy and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete