Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Rough Few Days

Happy Wednesday everyone. Normally, I would be doing a Weigh in Wednesday post today, but I just don't have it in me today. It's been a rough few days.

First though, let's recap the weekend before the roughness started. On Friday, the kids had lots of different activities going on. Jacob went to spend the night with his Aunts Mary and Cecilia. They took him to an indoor rope's course/ ninja course. This was supposed to have been his birthday present (from October) that kept getting postponed. They finally got to do it and Jacob had a blast.


 

Rebecca and her high school chorale competed in a large group competition on Friday night. They received a score of Excellent, which is great considering this was the first time in over 10 years that a choir from her high school has gone to competition. 



While Jacob and Rebecca were gone, Benjamin and I had a mother-son date night. We started by going bowling. Then we had dinner at McDonald's (Ben's choice). Then home to watch a movie... he chose "The Lego Ninjago Movie." It was a fun evening with him. 





Saturday, the rough week started. Saturday, Bill was doing laundry and our drier decided to stop working. Ugh. It wouldn't heat. So, he took the wet clothes to the laundromat down the street and dried them. The plan then was to have him was the remaining loads on Sunday morning, while the kids and I were at church and choir practice, and then I would take them out to my mom's house to dry. 

Well, what do they say about best laid plans? 

Sunday morning, I was headed up the stairs to our church choir loft to sing during mass, and I was 2 steps from the top when all of a sudden my left knee decided to basically give out. I felt a sharp pain and then could barely put any weight on it. I made it up the stairs and sat throughout most of mass. When I got home, it was swollen, and Bill urged me to go to Urgent Care to have it checked out and he would take the clothes to the laundromat and dry them in between taking the kids to their rehearsals and basketball that they had to be at.



Urgent Care diagnosed me with a severe sprain. The doc said he could see some arthritis in the x-ray and wanted me to follow up with the orthopedic doctor. In the meantime, I was to rest, ice it and keep it wrapped and elevated. He also had me off work on Monday and Tuesday. I was able to get into the ortho today. He said he feels it is just a sprain but wants to order an MRI just in case there is ligament damage. He gave me some exercises to do to strengthen the knee and basically told me to keep it rested and elevated as needed and if something hurts don't do it. So I am hoping to go back to work tomorrow. 

On Monday afternoon, Bill went to pick Rebecca up from play practice and as they were coming home, they heard a noise and then sounded like something was dragging. Apparently, part of my exhaust pipe on my van had come undone and was dragging on the ground. Bill took it to the repair place yesterday. They called this afternoon, and it will be $450+ to fix it. Of course, they have to order the part in, so they are hoping to have it fixed by Friday. 

Today, the appliance people came out and $230 later supposedly the dryer is fixed. I haven't run any laundry yet, although I did have Rebecca start some in the wash for me. I will put them in the dryer before I go pick the boys up from school and track practice. 

So yeah, it has been a rough week so far. So, if I have been quiet on this here corner of my world, that is why. 

How is your week going? 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot to happen at one time! Hope your knee is feeling much better and there's no damage. Time for some good things to happen over there to balance all that chaos out a bit. It's spring break week over here so not quite as stressful though we've got some schedule conflicts next week that are proving to be a tough thing to work out. Hope you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've been dealing with so much. I hope your leg heals fast. We've had our dryer not heat before. The ex got a part and fixed it himself. I've learned to watch youtube videos first, when something breaks or doesn't work around here. Sometimes it's an easy fix. I'm glad your dryer is working again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does not sound like a fun week at all. I hope things turn around quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for quick healing and recovery..when it rains it pours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear that. Hope you are feeling better, and that your luck turns around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m so glad you weren’t hurt any worse, but that’s bad enough! What a rough week indeed! I pray that you are feeling better soon and the van and the dryer are in working order.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are too many things going wrong at once! It sounds like a rough time at your house. So, I hope is all well by now for the dryer and car and knee. I have a knee that tries to twist and collapse. It is not fun regulating my actions to keep it functioning. If you need surgery, do it. You are too young for a bum knee to slow you down.

    ReplyDelete