Monday, May 1, 2023

Menu Plan for this first week of May



Happy Monday everyone! Happy May as well! April seemed to me like it took forever to get over. Maybe because we had so much going on? May looks to be busy as well with lots of end of the school year activities, plus I now have a surgery date for my knee surgery-- Tuesday May 30. So, I have about a month to get things in order for recovery. 

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was good. Saturday morning, Rebecca and I headed out to my mom's house. We were going to pick her up and go to Costco. I am in charge of the food for a Spaghetti dinner fundraiser that the high school choir is putting on. It is a spaghetti dinner and a show (their end of the year show). I wanted to price check some things at Costco. Well, we ended up going to pick up my sister and her partner as well. We did go to Costco and my sister's partner let me use her card to pick up some produce and a couple other things. I also got prices for what I needed. We then all went out to lunch at El Vaquero Mexican restaurant, which had fabulous food. The service was very slow considering it was 2 in the afternoon and it wasn't busy, but the food made up for it. It was just fun to spend time with Rebecca, my mom and sister and her partner. 

Yesterday, the kids and I went to church and then they had choir practice (as the youth choir is singing for Confirmation mass in June.) We came home and everyone made their lunches. I did some laundry and cleaned out the refrigerator and menu planned. Other than that, we just puttered around the house and did this and that. 

This week, we don't have a ton going on, as track season is over for Jacob. Rebecca has a couple of things after school but nothing like she has been having. It is also supposed to be rainy and chilly for this time of year, for the beginning part of the week. They are even calling for snow showers on Tuesday night. So, I am making some more wintery meals. 

So, what are we eating this week: 

SUNDAY: Pork and Peppers, roasted potatoes, French style green beans, and cantaloupe. 

MONDAY: Chicken alfredo pasta with broccoli

TUESDAY: Chicken enchiladas and salad

WEDNESDAY: Air fried clam strips, baked potatoes, applesauce, salad

THURSDAY: Hamburger helper and peas for Bill and the kids. I am going out to dinner with a friend. 

FRIDAY: Pizza and fruit

SATURDAY: Not sure yet, as Jacob has an all-day music camp, Rebecca has a cast party for Cinderella, so I am not sure. 

What are you eating this week? How was your weekend? 

6 comments:

  1. Saturday was lovely weather, yesterday a bit colder. All in all, though, a good, productive weekend. I got porch railings painted, two of my boys got a good start on the chicken run, and I got a good way through a quilt for DD for her dorm room in fall. (Yes, really! Dorm!) Saturday was leftover cottage pie made with Mississippi pot roast. Sunday was baked stuffed pork chops with salad. Tonight might be a lasagna. That's really as far as I've gotten, so thank you for this post, so I can shamelessly steal ideas! Chicken enchiladas sound good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like it was a very productive weekend. Lasagna sounds good.

      Delete
  2. Hello! Your space looks so pretty here! I didn't know about your surgery. I know you will have everything ready! I will pray for you and for an easy recovery. Your meal plans sound delicious! I am getting some chicken dinners from the grocery store tonight. Rhett is with his girlfriend, so it is just Steve, Flynn, and me. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May is always a super busy month with school stuff isn't it? Glad you have a surgery date and that it's late in the month so you won't miss out on too much. I'm grilling chicken legs tonight though it's pretty chilly still. Your menu sounds great. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually called me last night and moved it back a week, so now I won't miss any work. Bummed but I guess I have already waited this long, so what is another week.

      Delete