Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas activities


One of my goals this Christmas season is to have a less stressful holiday than I have had in the past. I want to enjoy time with my family and enjoy experiences. I want to spend less on "things" and enjoy quality time together. That being said, I have come up with a list of things I want to do with my hubby and kids this Christmas season.... (this is in no particular order)....

  • Follow an advent calender (begin Dec.1)
  • Make an advent cross craft that we got from church
  • Dinner with St. Nick
  • Decorate outside of our home
  • Read St. Nicholas story and leave shoe outside of bedroom on his feast day
  • make Christmas suncatchers with Rebecca for Christmas gifts
  • make garden stone with Rebecca for Christmas gifts for grandparents
  • make cookies
  • watch classic Christmas cartoons as a family---including, Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown, etc.
  • watch the Nutcracker
  • go to in-laws Christmas party
  • drive around neighborhood to look at Christmas lights
  • Wildlights at the zoo
This is just the beginning of my list. I hope to do something every day of December leading up to Christmas. I hope it brings more meaning to the holiday than we have had in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment