Snow day today

one of the trees outside our house


Last night when I went to bed, I saw that the forecast was for 3-6 inches of snow overnight for our first snowfall of the winter season...

Except it isn't winter yet. It is only November 17....

Well, I woke up at 2 am and there was barely anything on the ground....

Then I got woken up at 5:41 from our school, saying that we were on a 2 hour delay today. I looked out our window and the streets and ground were covered with snow. So I reset my alarm for 8:00 instead of 6:30 and went back to sleep.

Bill got up and left for work. I woke up again with a phone call at 7:54 am from our school that we were now closed for the day.

view from my kitchen window


I decided to get up and shower, but when I looked in Rebecca's room she was awake. I told her there was no school and she started crying. But her mood got better once I showed her outside.

Then Jacob got up and I told him there was no school. And he started crying and said "But it is Monday and I go to school on Mondays." I am so thankful that I have kids that love school.

Right now, I am trying to get some things done. I have a load of sheets in the wash and have made a to do list for the day. I hope to get a lot done on this extra day off.

Does it snow where you are? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 5th birthday Benjamin!

Cleaning and decluttering this weekend

Weigh In Wednesday #15 of 2017