Monday, November 17, 2014

Snow day today

one of the trees outside our house


Last night when I went to bed, I saw that the forecast was for 3-6 inches of snow overnight for our first snowfall of the winter season...

Except it isn't winter yet. It is only November 17....

Well, I woke up at 2 am and there was barely anything on the ground....

Then I got woken up at 5:41 from our school, saying that we were on a 2 hour delay today. I looked out our window and the streets and ground were covered with snow. So I reset my alarm for 8:00 instead of 6:30 and went back to sleep.

Bill got up and left for work. I woke up again with a phone call at 7:54 am from our school that we were now closed for the day.

view from my kitchen window


I decided to get up and shower, but when I looked in Rebecca's room she was awake. I told her there was no school and she started crying. But her mood got better once I showed her outside.

Then Jacob got up and I told him there was no school. And he started crying and said "But it is Monday and I go to school on Mondays." I am so thankful that I have kids that love school.

Right now, I am trying to get some things done. I have a load of sheets in the wash and have made a to do list for the day. I hope to get a lot done on this extra day off.

Does it snow where you are? 

No comments:

Post a Comment