Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Weigh in Wednesday: I'm back

Happy Wednesday everyone! I have had a couple of people reach out to me in regard to whether or not I was going to start doing my weigh in Wednesday posts again. I am sorry that I took a break from them, but life happens, and I just couldn't keep up. Well, I *think* that I am back for now. 

I will have to say that I started the year off with really good intentions and then I kept backsliding, snacking too much, not really wanting to exercise, etc. Then I hurt my knee and I haven't really been able to do anything strenuous for risk of injuring it further. 

Around the same time that I hurt my knee, I kept seeing advertisements for the paid subscription app called Noom. 

I did some research and found that this app could be used to log food, exercise, how much water you are drinking, etc. There are a few features that I liked. It uses small daily lessons to keep you on track and to change your thinking about food. The lessons are based on psychology of weight loss. I also like how it is individualized for your own weight and needs after you fill out their questionnaire. I really liked the look of it and signed up for the 2-week trial. After the 2 weeks, I decided to continue with a 6-month subscription since I will be focusing on the food aspect of my life while I am waiting for and after my surgery. So far, I have been keeping up with the daily lessons, food journaling, weighing in daily, and my water intake daily. It is very simple to do on the app. For now, this will be what I focus on for my weight loss journey. 

So let's see where I am at right now: 

My Starting Weight on 1/1/2023: 265.8lbs.

My weight from the last time I did a WIW: 259.0lbs.

My weight this week: 255.0lbs.

Weight loss/gain from last weigh in: -4.0lbs

Total weight loss Year to Date: -10.8lbs

Slow and steady wins the race. I am committed to following the Noom lessons and eating better. Nothing is off limits; however, the app does help you to see what foods are better for you and that you can have treats in moderation. I figure maybe since I am paying for the app, then I will be more likely to follow through. 

If you are on a weight loss journey, how is it going? 



4 comments:

  1. Hello, my friend. I started the year out with good intentions. And then...not so much. Good for you and your commitment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a lot of slips and recommitments here honestly. It is a process. Today is always a new day to recommit! :) You can do it!

      Delete
  2. First time commenter, long time reader.

    Cheering you on your weight loss journey!

    What helped me lose weight and keep it off since 2017 was reading https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/1500isplenty/

    I still visit the forums 4-5 days a week to maintain my weight and keep myself accountable. 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! Don't be a stranger! Thanks for the links. I will have to look at those. I am all for getting different tools to help. :)

      Delete