Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Menu Plan Tuesday and recap of a good weekend

Happy Tuesday everyone! Sorry about not posting yesterday, I was feeling crappy throughout the day and ended up going to bed shortly after I got home from work with what I believe is a head cold, sinus drainage, sore throat, crap. Today I feel a little better but not much. 

How was your weekend? Mine was very good.

Friday was a great day at work. I walked in to a thank you card from our principal and cookies from his wife for lunch lady appreciation day. Then during lunch, the kindergartners and first graders handed me a Hershey kiss each, the 2nd and 3rd graders handed me a mint, and the 4th and 5th graders handed me homemade cards. It was a really nice way to spend the day. 


Friday 
night, Rebecca and I went to see "Our Town" put on by a local theater production company. It was really well done and yes, I cried at the end.  


Saturday morning, Rebecca, Benjamin and I went to our town's first Farmer's Market of the year. We met up with my mom, sister, sister-in-law, and their 2 dogs. It was a beautiful morning,
 and I ran into several people that I knew. It was a great way to spend the morning.  


In the afternoon, Rebecca had a cast party to attend for Cinderella. After I dropped her off there, we headed to Kenyon College to watch Jacob perform at the end of a day long music workshop that he took part in. Basically, one of the Music entrepreneurship
 classes decided to host a day long music workshop for choir, orchestra, and band kids in our county that were in middle school. They got to learn 2 pieces of music in their group and then perform them at the end of the day. Jacob had a really good time! 




Sunday, after church, the kids and I headed out to my parents' house for the 1st cookout of the year. It was very informal, planned at the last minute but so fun. I didn't take any pictures, but it was so good to relax and spend time with family. 

Now we are back to the work/school week and so much is on my mind. I do need to keep up with meal planning though so that is one last thing that I need to worry about. 

So, what are we eating this week? 

SUNDAY: Cookout 

MONDAY: McDonald's (since I wasn't feeling well)

TUESDAY: Chicken and Broccoli in the airfyer with rice

WEDNESDAY: Smoked sausage and potato bake with watermelon

THURSDAY: Chicken balls and macaroni and cheese

FRIDAY: Pizza and fruit

SATURDAY: Pulled pork nachos

What are you eating this week? How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, hope you start to feel better soon. Happy belated lunch lady appreciation day! Looks like they treated you really well. And enjoyed so much reading about your fun weekend. Starting to feel like spring/summer is really arriving. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete