Monday, May 15, 2023

Been sick and Mother's Day

Happy Monday everyone! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and is doing okay today. 

Once again, sorry for the blog absence the last couple of days. I have been dealing with some illness. After being stuffed up for a few days, I woke up in the middle of the night on Wednesday/Thursday with awful sore throat and both ears hurt. Headed to Urgent Care when they opened, to be diagnosed with severe congestion and strep throat. Fun. Then on Friday morning, I woke up at 3AM not being able to open my right eye as it was crusted shut. Yep. I had pink eye. Another trip to Urgent Care and another round of antibiotics. Ugh. (For the record, pink eye is running rampant in the school that I work at!) So, Friday, I stayed home from work and laid around and did absolutely nothing (except put eye drops in my eye.)


 

Saturday, I still wasn't feeling well, and I looked like I was possessed with how red my eyes were. I spent most the day in bed. 

Saturday night around 1:30ish or so I couldn't get comfortable, couldn't sleep, was hot, etc. so I came downstairs to lay on the couch, and I watched "Moana" on TV. LOL I also scrolled through my phone and decided that I was going to make my Mother's Day a good day even though it is usually a day of let downs and disappointments (not from my kids, but from my DH). So, as I was laying there during the night, I decided that I was going to have a no cooking day. Bill was going to be at work, and so I could do whatever I wanted. 

So that is what I did. I went in the morning and got donuts for the kids and me. I also stopped at Starbucks and treated myself to a strawberry acai lemonade refresher. SO GOOD! 

Jacob and Ben got to the donuts before I could get a picture! LOL 

For lunch, I picked my mom up and Rebecca and I took her to a food truck festival at Velvet Ice Cream, and we had yummy Mexican food for lunch. I also got some food from a Korean-BBQ truck and it was super yummy as well! Rebecca told me that the rice noodles in my Korean food bowl looked like worms. LOL (The boys didn't want to go, so they stayed at my parents' to play with their cousins.)





After lunch, we headed to Walmart for some dinner supplies and then back to hang out at my parents' house. When we got back, my brother, his fiancée, my sister and her dogs, and my other brother was there was well. It was a fun afternoon. The kids got scared by a snake that found its way around my parents' front deck, but my dad quickly took care of it. 



For dinner, my brother grilled out. We had bratwurst, veggies, chips, fruit, cheesecake, and lemoncella pound cake. My brother also grilled footlong hotdogs for the kids. It was all super yummy!


 

My kids did make my day feel special as well. The boys made me cards and helped me clean up around the house without too much complaining. Rebecca gave me a drawing that she made. She is so talented and I love receiving art work from her.


 

All in all, it was a very good day; probably one of the best Mother's Days that I have had. I am so blessed to be able to mom to Rebecca, Jacob and Ben! 



Today, we are back to a Monday. Ben is off at a day long outdoor education camp with his class. He will get back to school around 6:30 tonight when I have to pick him up. I ended up going into work super early as my coworker needed to go pick her daughter up from a hospital procedure, so I basically did everything at work by myself. She got back in time to help me serve lunch. 

Tonight, I am going to make cheeseburgers for dinner. I will also throw some fries in the air fryer. Easy peasy. 

I have no idea what else we are having this week. It is a busy week with only about 2 weeks left of school. We have an awards banquet to go to tomorrow night for Rebecca. And we are just busy, busy, busy. 

What about you? If you are a mom, how was your Mother's Day? What are you eating this week? 

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good Mother's Day! That eye looks painful. Nice pics. I like your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about the pink eye and step. You made it a good day. Because of Tommy, this was one of the worst Mother's Day ever. He can be soooo nice and then a jerk. It looks like the boys are getting taller than Rebecca. I really love her card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you have been under the weather. Both strep and pink eye hurt.
    Glad at least your Mother's Day celebrations were happy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you've been sick, it's no fun. Glad you had a good Mother's Day. May is so busy. I am starting to think it is definitely the busiest month of the entire year! Hope your week is off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better by now! Love the pics of you and the kids! So glad Mother's Day was a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete