Tuesday, May 2, 2023

I chaperoned a Disney Trip: Day 4-- Choir Performance and Universal Islands of Adventure

Happy Tuesday! 

I am back with more recap of my Spring Break trip chaperoning Rebecca's high school choir, band and orchestra trip to Florida. For my recap of our day at Hollywood Studios and our first day of Universal Studios click here and here.

Sunday dawned bright and early for everyone as it was performance day! The main reason we were down at Universal Studios was because our choir, band and orchestra were invited to perform at City Walk as part of their Stars Performance Program. 



We arrived at Universal and were taken to the practice rooms. It was HOT and sunny. Perfect weather for a performance. I walked with the choir. They warmed up and then headed out to the performance area to watch the band and orchestra perform. Band and orchestra performed, then it was time for the choir! 

She did put on her black dress shoes for the performance! LOL 




They sounded great! I am so proud of Rebecca and all of them for how well they did. 

After they performed, the kids changed clothes and then headed back to the park for the rest of the day to have fun! I hung out with a couple of the other chaperones who wanted to ride Hogwarts Express from the Universal side to the Island of Adventure side. Hogwarts Express was really cool. 





I had a late lunch with one of the other chaperones at the Three Broomsticks restaurant in part of the Harry Potter world. We split an order of fish and chips. It was super yummy! 

Then I headed off to the Jurassic Park area and the other areas of Island of Adventure to check it out by myself. I was really interested in just taking in the different features and enjoying the rest of the day. 















I ended my day by riding Hogwarts Express back to the Universal side before meeting up with the kids and others for the bus ride back to the hotel.





That night, we got back to the hotel and packed up what we could as we would be loading the bus the next morning, spending the day at Disney's Magic Kingdom, and then heading home. I was really looking forward to the final day at the Magic Kingdom. 




1 comment:

  1. I know you had a special time there! The choir sounded great.

    ReplyDelete