Friday, May 5, 2023

I chaperoned a Disney Trip: Day 5-- the Magic Kingdom

Happy Friday everyone! I am back with the final installment of my recap of chaperoning the choir, band, and orchestra trip to Disney and Universal over Spring Break. If you missed the first few days, you could read about Hollywood Studios here, Universal Studios here, and their performance and Island of Adventure here. 

Now to the day that I was looking forward to the most... Magic Kingdom Day! We spent the final day at Disney's Magic Kingdom! I was looking forward to seeing Cinderella's castle, eating Dole Whip and a Mickey shaped pretzel, meeting as many characters as possible, and watching as many parades/shows as possible, ending the night with the fireworks above Cinderella's castle. I will say that it was a day that dreams were made of. 

We arrived at Magic Kingdom and rode the monorail into the park. We did get caught up at security but once everyone was through, we headed out to have fun. Rebecca went off with her friends and I headed off to have some individual fun. The first thing I did was go the Mickey's Theatre and met the mouse himself! 




After that I wondered down Main Street USA and meandered in and out of shops and just people watched and spent some time figuring out what I wanted to accomplish. I had a hot dog lunch at Casey's Corner and had their famous hot dog, which was really good! 




Then it was off to watch a parade! I loved the parade and got to see some favorite characters! 










After the parade, I headed to the Hall of Presidents to see that presentation. It was really well done. 



Then it was off to meet some more favorite characters including Princess Tiana, Rapunzel, Goofy, Donald Duck, Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck. 








Then it was time for a snack! I got my Mickey shaped pretzel!


 

After enjoying my snack, I made my way to Cinderella's castle to watch a small show featuring some of the princesses with Mickey, including Anna and Elsa from Frozen. 




Then it was off to see another parade!






 

After that, I decided to stand in line and ride "It's a Small World." as everyone said that I had to ride it as it's iconic. Well, it was iconic all right, and I almost got stuck getting out of the boat as my knee didn't want me to get out. 




I decided to stick with the shows after that and headed to the Enchanted Tiki Room for that show. I thought it was cute. 
I also watched the 3D show of Mickey's Philharmagic Show. It was so cute watching the littles who were watching trying to catch the things coming towards them in in the 3d glasses. I also had a chance to go under Cinderella's castle and that was neat. 







I got some dole whip and it was so yummy! I really need to learn how to make it at home!



Then it was time to head back to Main Street and join the thousands of other people to watch the fireworks. 




It was opening night of the return of the Happily Ever After fireworks show and it was AMAZING!!!! I took so many photos and videos of the fireworks. It was the absolutely perfect way to end the trip. 







After the fireworks, I stopped at Starbucks to wait for the crowds to dissipate a little and to wait for Rebecca and her friends to catch up to me so we could head back to the monorail and head back to the buses. Once everyone got back to the buses, we headed back to Ohio. We stopped a couple of times on the way back, and we got back to the high school around 6:45PM. It was a once in a lifetime trip and I am so thankful I was able to go. The memories will last a lifetime! 


3 comments:

  1. Dole Whip tastes super yummy on a hot day! If you have a Stew Leonard's Supermarket near you, they carry Dole Whip at many of their locations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do not have that supermarket here. I will have to look to see if any of the shops or ice cream places in Ohio sell Dole Whip.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun day! Love all the pictures.
    I think Magic Kingdom is my favorite park. Their fireworks are the best.:)

    ReplyDelete