Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Weigh In Wednesday: Stress eating has hit me



Happy Wednesday everyone! Can I just tell you that today is gorgeous outside? The sun is shining, the temperature is around 73, and it is so pretty out. In fact, after this post, I think that I might go out to my front porch and clean off the porch and wash the table and chairs so I can sit out there for a bit. 

But first, I need to get to the nitty gritty of this posting. Weigh In time. Honestly, I have been struggling mightily with this. I haven't felt good. I have been dealing with a lot of personal stress (that I am not going into here). It is the last few weeks of school, so lots has been going on. And I just want to eat junk and not fruits and veggies like I know that I should. 

So let's see where the numbers lay this week... 

My Starting Weight on 1/1/2023: 265.8lbs.

My weight last week: 255.0lbs.

My weight this week: 256.0lbs.

Weight loss/gain from last weigh in: +1.0lbs

Total weight loss Year to Date: -9.8lbs

I am not surprised. Honestly, if I just eat better, I would lose weight. Why is it so hard? I know that I am an emotional eater and life is pretty stressful right now. I just have to woman up and recommit and like Nike says, just do it! 

What about you? How is your diet/ weight loss program going? 

4 comments:

  1. Why is it hard? Because weight loss is super hard! Add stress and it becomes doubly hard. Otherwise the global weight loss and weight management diet market size wouldn't continue to grow so rapidly.

    Did you know, The global weight loss and weight management diet market size reached a value of more than USD 175.44 billion in 2022. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.50% between 2023 and 2028, reaching a value of USD 282.53 billion by 2028.

    Link here: https://www.expertmarketresearch.com/reports/weight-loss-and-weight-management-diet-market

    I am currently in year 6 of weight maintenance mode and I still find it hard every day. Be kind to yourself and keep at it. Cheering you on in your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you probably don’t have time, but if you do….read Atomic Habits. Apply the habit principal and your goals get easier. I know if I don’t think, I just do (do a small exercise, even if it’s five minutes of squats) or drink water, or baked chicken for prep, every day ….etc, it takes the onus off “weight loss” and just makes a small new habit. The author talks about “One day is a miss, two days is a new habit”….so if it’s not one you want, don’t do it two days in a row. So far I’ve lost 12 lbs from this since February. I still would like to lose a five more, but yeh power of small changes is huge, and so much easier than trying to change everything at once. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing fine! Your post shows that you are aware of what’s happening, and that’s the key in planning your next steps. I love your “woman up and do it” attitude. You’ve got this! Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stress eating is the bane of my existence! I bribed myself every day or every two hours when I really lost weight. "you can have a Hershey bar after dinner" That works if you don't have children wanting one, too. My kids were grown. "You can have all the Hershey bars you want, or do you want to lose weight?" I had to drive to the store or gas station to get each one. No, I did not buy a pack of ten and freeze them because they are easy to thaw and good frozen, too. I played games with myself, stupid mind games all day long and lost 46 pounds in three months. Yes, I kept the weight off for about 12 years. My method might not work for anyone else. But, good luck as you are thinking about doing the best thing for your body.

    ReplyDelete