Saturday, July 13, 2013

Undeniably Yours by Becky Wade (book review)

Undeniably Yours: a novel


From the back cover:

When Meg Cole's father dies unexpectedly, she's forced to return home to Texas and to Whispering Creek Ranch to take up the reins of his empire. The last thing she has the patience or the sanity to deal with? Her father's Thoroughbred racehorse farm. She gives its manager, Bo Porter, six months to close the place down.

Bo knows he ought to resent the woman who's determined to take from him the only job he ever wanted. But instead of anger, Meg evokes within him a profound desire to protect. The more time he spends with her, the more he longs to overcome every obstacle that separates them and earn her love.

Just when Meg realizes she can no longer deny the depth of her feelings for Bo, their fragile bond is broken by a force from Meg's past. Can their relationship--and their belief that God can work through every circumstance--survive?


My thoughts:

Undeniably Yours focuses on the relationship between Meg Cole and Bo Porter. However, it also deals with the relationships that Meg has with her father, her uncle, her ex-husband, an old girlfriend of her ex-husband, and the people that although are not family are the closest thing to family that she has, among others. This book explores so many relationships and how they affect Meg’s life. The nice thing about Ms. Wade’s writing is that the dichotomy of these relationships work well with each other and offer compliment to the main relationship between Meg and Cole. There is love, suspense, tears and understanding while reading Undeniably Yours.

I found myself rooting for Meg and Cole and wondering how they would make their relationship work with all the intricacies that exist in the story. Ms. Wade’s writing kept me on the edge of my seat with her story and I am not ashamed to say that I finished this story in 2 sittings (which is saying something when I have 3 young children!).

This is a must read! I loved this book.
 
Disclaimer: I received this book from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for a review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment