Mommy's Day Out

This morning, a very good friend of mine, who also happens to be Benjamin's Godmother, gave me the gift of a couple of hours of being kid free. She had my 3 children at her house so that I could run errands or do whatever I wanted. It was so generous of her....

So I went and got a work physical done (has to be done every 3 years) at one of the walk in clinics here in town. Then I went and "splurged" on an sausage egg mcmuffin from McDonald's. (I guess that is what it calls doing something for me....LOL)  Then, I went to Goodwill. I had 2 large boxes and 2 bags full of stuff to drop off and donate. I decided to browse while I was there and I was able to get a few goodies....

A few of the goodies I got from Goodwill today!
I bought some shirts for me (3 of which were half off!) , 2 dresses for Rebecca, a book for Jacob($0.49!) , a cup for me to take drinks into work when work starts back in August, a NEW "Horrid Henry" book for Rebecca that I will put away for Christmas (for $0.50!) , a couple wall hangings for future gifts, and a batting helmet (for $2.99!) and baseball glove($2.99) for Rebecca.  All for $25 total. I think I scored! Or it was just the fact that I was alone and could really look at what they had, versus keeping one eye on the kid at all times.

I am so blessed that my friend has a kind heart. She is a mom of 4 children herself...with her youngest being Rebecca's age and in her class. She told me when I came to pick the kids up that she felt in her heart that she wanted to do this at least once a month for me, so that I get some down time and she gets to foster a relationship with her godson and Rebecca and Jacob. She is a truly special person to me.

Do you have someone special in your life that does stuff like this? Do you do things like this for others?

Comments

  1. Great Goodwill finds! I am also a huge Goodwill fan and am so excited because a new one just opened about 1/2 from my house! Happy thrifting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 5th birthday Benjamin!

Cleaning and decluttering this weekend

Weigh In Wednesday #15 of 2017