Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Banana Blueberry Bread

With the weather being hot and humid these days, bananas tend to go bad quicker than we can eat them in our house. Even if I only buy a few, they still seem to get brown before we get to the last one or two. (And believe me, we eat a lot of bananas in our house!)

Well I have more than enough in the freezer for smoothies....so I had to make something the other day when I had 2 bananas that were either going to be made into something or thrown away.....

I decided to make banana bread....then because I could I decided to throw some frozen blueberries into it as well....


The verdict...as said by my 6 year old daughter. "This is the best bread ever!" :)


So I figured I would share the recipe with you, because I can't be the only one with the problem of bananas going really ripe really quickly....

This makes 2 loaves. We ate one of ours, and I froze the other one for later.

Banana-Blueberry Bread

1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine softened
2 large eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk (I used 1/2 tsp. vinegar and then add skim milk to make 1/2 cup)
2 very ripe bananas, mashed up
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2 loaf pans with  non-stick spray.
Mix sugar and butter together.
Add eggs until well blended.
Stir in bananas, buttermilk, vanilla.
Add in flour, baking soda, and salt.
Carefully stir in blueberries.
Divide batter into pans.
Bake for 1 hour.
Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from pans.
Enjoy!

Do you have any recipes using over ripe bananas? Care to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment